Author Topic: Lynx Express COOP?  (Read 8006 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Lynx Express COOP?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I sold 8 lor controllers for ckose to what i paid and used the proceeds to buy 2x the number of LE-controlled channels.

Ditto and bought some wireless with the leftover.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline wbottomley

• High Country Lights
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, »
I sold 8 lor controllers for ckose to what i paid and used the proceeds to buy 2x the number of LE-controlled channels.

Same here plus pixels and pixel controllers. 

Two years ago I had 56 LOR controllers.  Today, Zero. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mangoat

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, »
just expressing interest in a few lynx express boards.  australia.

Offline arw01

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, »
Do you guys that left LOR land feel like you lost some of the magic with the LOR hardware based Shimmer and Twinkle vs the software based ones?

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, »
Twinkle.  After a few years you forget what it was like.

Offline DonFL

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, »
Twinkle is close enough for me, and i never used shimmer much anyway. So to answer your question, no.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, »
I never used shimmer and I even turn it off if NC generates it when using random effects.  Twinkle is close enough for me.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Don Gillespie

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, »
Sounds like a lot of interest for a co-op hint hint.  :D

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, »
I did the same thing (took me 3 years to convert from 21+ LOR controllers) ... but the LE can do wireless DMX and has been very reliable, no complaints.  I also just like having PIXELNET & DMX only ... the LOR stuff required one more thing to remember with its non standard DMX wiring and somewhat restrictive channel assignments (based on unit #) were just annoyances after a while.  Again, trying to go KISS with most things, going to all LYNX was my goal.  Finally got that accomplished in 2014.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline mangoat

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, »
id take 10 if it helps get the ball rolling quicker :)

Offline rubel864

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, »
Blake, I was where you are a year ago. Didn't have any idea what to get to do a show. I got advise from the master, (RJ) who happens to be my nephew. He told me to keep it simple. Choose your software, I chose Light Show Pro because it is a powerful software and can be used with all sorts of equipment in the furure. I also chose an etherdongle instead of a DMX dongle because I can move forward with more sophisticated equipment with it. I purchased 3 Lynx Express kits and built the etherdongle and LE's myself. Did not have a problem with any of them following the do it yourself build instructions in the WIKI. I sequenced 4 songs and used the 48 channels of the LE's. I had a 15 minute show and it was simple and very rewarding. The community loved it. Hope this will give you an idea of how to get off the ground. The people in this forum and the Light Show Pro forum helped me so much. The whole project was a load of fun and rewarding. I had some roadblocks on the way and would be glad to help you in anyway I can. You can PM me if you would like more info. Good luck!
Jim

Offline peteywhit

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, »
Thanks Jim. That's what I'm wanting to do. I'd rather get into a Co-op for an etherdongle and 3 LE's to help me save some money. Having a 2 year old and a baby on the way and just starting a new job offshore doesn't leave much room for fun expenditures lol. I just stocked up on some lights that will allow for some small simple shows, but I eventually want to be able to build a large pixel tree. But for now, simple will be better until I save some money. Thanks for all the info from everyone.

Blake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, »
Personally, I'd skip Light Show Pro ... its far more than you'll need as a beginner.   I'd suggest xlights as your software because its free and pretty easy to learn by comparison.  I expect its user interface will also become a lot better in 2015.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2014, »
Welcome Blake , I agree with not worrying about lightshow pro software right now. I would look at Vixen ( Free ) Xlights/Nutcracker ( Free also) This will get you going without hurting the wallet right now. Just my thoughts though
Jeff

Offline rubel864

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2014, »
Just a come back on the Light Show Pro. The reason I chose it was because I did not want to learn to sequence on different software. I was told it can be difficult. The guys are correct though, it costs a hundred bucks but will be the only software you will ever need. Good Luck
Jim