Author Topic: outdoor speaker  (Read 1025 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
outdoor speaker
« on: December 18, 2014, »
I am in need of a new outdoor speaker. Does anyone have an idea on a good one that I can get quickly. The one I used for a few years is dying (sounds terrible) any help would be appreciated

Thankyou Joe

Offline caretaker

Re: outdoor speaker
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, »
I use parts-express You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  They ship quickly and have pretty good prices. That said you may want to check local to you and see if anything is available.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, »
I put an old boom box on the front porch where it is pretty much protected from the weather.  Works fine, but I keep the volume pretty low except when I am out in the yard doing stuff.  Around here folks do not get out of their cars.  I used to have speaker under the eaves that I got from Best Buy (whatever their house brand was) and they worked good and were not expensive.  I quit doing that because with them I had to hook up a stereo amp and it was just one more thing to do and more wires to run from inside to outside.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, »
I got a nice set from Lowes 2 years ago for about $100. They sound very good

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, »
I put an old boom box on the front porch where it is pretty much protected from the weather.  Works fine, but I keep the volume pretty low except when I am out in the yard doing stuff.  Around here folks do not get out of their cars.  I used to have speaker under the eaves that I got from Best Buy (whatever their house brand was) and they worked good and were not expensive.  I quit doing that because with them I had to hook up a stereo amp and it was just one more thing to do and more wires to run from inside to outside.

that what i do as well Jim, i have my trusty dewalt tucked in behind the bushes. if it rains real hard it might get wet but it's been out there 3 seasons now and works great. i turn it up so you can hear it on the sidewalk but not across the street
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline meman

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, »
I abandoned the speaker and went totally remote. Sangean has several "jobsite" FM radios that all have great tuners and are totally weather resistant. I use the U3 model all year long and have left it outside under the front porch where it still gets wet from rain for the past three seasons (two month stretch each season).

Good Luck,
Mike E.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, »
Thanks for all the replies  ;) As my daughter would say I got a brain fart LOL. I have 2 dewalt worksite radios with audio plugins.

Thanks again Joe

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, »
Thanks for all the replies  ;) As my daughter would say I got a brain fart LOL. I have 2 dewalt worksite radios with audio plugins.

Thanks again Joe

Save yourself the time of running an audio hardline and just tune it into your fm station
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights