Author Topic: SSC v4 issue  (Read 5451 times)

Offline galgon

Re: SSC v4 issue
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, »
Well more diagnostic tests were run to no avail.  1st I have eliminated the etherdongle as a source of possible issues.  I created a 4 pixelnet universe profile in vixen 2.1.  I set the hub to pixelnet universe 4 and a random DMX universe and I was able to get the express to work correctly using only those channels.  Took a while to actually do the math on that one.  So vixen is definately putting out pixelnet and the etherdongle is relaying that to the hub.  I have re-flashed the hub with the wiki firmware.  No luck.  I tried flashing the firmware on the SCC4 and using the corresponding utility to set start channels with no luck.  I understand that the firmware should set the start channel to 1 by default.  So I tried vixen outputting all channels on - nothing happens.

Put away the hub and went back to the zues.  I can successfully use the utility to set the start channel of a single string on the zues (string flashes).  However, when I attempt to use vixen to control the channel I get nothing.  All channels set to on and no luck.  I tried flashing one of the zues chips but I dont think it worked right as I could not set the start channel for that string anymore.   Had to give up after that.  Any reason why I would be able to set the starting channel on a string on the zues but it would not turn on?  Really confused by this now.   

Makes me think the etherdongle is not working properly (but as shown above I can confirm DMX output).  Is there anyway to debug the data lines to see what is actually being sent? 
- Joe
Bethlehem, PA

Offline galgon

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, »
Well,  I have built my zues 16.  Works fine with my ether dongle.  Also works fine down stream of one of my hubs.  But try as I might I cannot get my SSC v4 to light up with my hub(s).

So I need some help at this point.  Is there anyone I could buy a working SSC v4 with 1 node attached?  Or perhaps I could send a SSC and hb to someone to debug.

- Joe
Bethlehem, PA

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, »
Try reflashing the SSC and do not use the SSC utility. The default starting address will be 1. Make sure the universe jumpers on the hub are all set to 1. Try connecting the SSC and turn on channel 1 to see if anything lights.

Post a good close up picture of the front and back of the hub.

If you want to send me your hub and SSC, I can troubleshoot it for you. PM me if interested. I am using all of my SSC v4 so I don't have any to sell.

Thanks,
Rick