Author Topic: zues 8 v1 dead  (Read 978 times)

Offline tombmatt

zues 8 v1 dead
« on: December 21, 2014, »
was in use had one bad string think I know what it was but it is now dead. I was trying to reprogram start channel jumpered to program brought up utility set paramaters (use the version for the zues not ssc) clicked the button to transmit only got 7 strings. Pulled the chips to reprogram got that done put back in zues8 retransmitted only got 3 strings to flash white. pulled chips again reprograms put back in board clicked to transmit and now no lights flash. have tried to check program of chips they all read good no data got sent to the (they still pass verify on pickit. have 2 brand new chips put them in board after programing them still no flashing lights. the jumper is set to program the universe jumpers are both universe 1 tried terminate or not still no flashing white lights. checked voltage on oscillator it reads 1.69 on top pins  bottom pins start high then drop down . don't know what else to look at but would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks tom

Offline tbone321

Re: zues 8 v1 dead
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, »
What exactly do you mean by "pulling the chips to reprogram them"?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, »
Do you mean pull the PIC chips to reflash with firmware?   And how are your doing that?  In a SSC V4?  Are you programming all channels at once or one at a time?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, »
yes i am removing the pic chips from the board and using a icsp14 from J1sys with my pickit 2 to reflash each chip I then put back on the zues board to program start channels. I can't flash them on the zues and I do not have a ssc so pull flash with hex file from wiki reinstall on zues and try to program start channel with utility for zues (utility V2).
took board to a friend that had oscope said oscillator was pretty ragged so I will order and replace and see if that works>