Author Topic: in need of help  (Read 567 times)

Offline bigbuck

in need of help
« on: December 24, 2014, »
ok so I have been admiring every megatree I see and want to do one,only problem is I don't know where to begin,i would like to do one in rgb or led or something like that,could someone please mentor me  <md.. I have been looking at strings of rgb lights on e bay but don't even know if they can be used,i also want to program tree to music,could someone please help?????? I figure its a good time to get started for next year! thanks to all who can help me

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: in need of help
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, »
Skip ebay and look at the lights listed in the wiki.  You will not go wrong with them.
Join the nutcracker forum at nutcracker123.com/forum and go back and look at all the online tutorials since Jan 2014.  That will give you a good start and plenty to think about.

Add your location to the signature line and watch for folks who live within and hour of you.  They may be your best mentors.  A mega tree is one thing, but putting together a whole show is a big task and requires many skills.  Start small and have fun.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline bigbuck

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, »
thanks jnealand is wiki a sales website only one I can find is mostly an informational website
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, by bigbuck »

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, »
on the top bar of this site is a link called "Wiki".  A wiki is a set of web pages that usually allow its users to edit and add new content.  the content is organized to make it easy to find information.

you make have seen wikipedia.com before, this site has a similar setup for the DLA discussions.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, »
another place to gather info is the AusChristmas site where they have put together all of this in one single document:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro