Author Topic: Our 2014 show.  (Read 1148 times)

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Our 2014 show.
« on: December 26, 2014, »
Merry Christmas!
Here are some of the videos for our 4th year. We use 99% Lynx equipment, thanks RJ! I also couldn't do this without my wife, Heather. Enjoy!

Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rhum
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Don't Stop the Party

Ay Ay Ay it's Christmas

I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas

Lil Saint Nick
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

Re: Our 2014 show.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, »
Wonderful show!!! I have spinners like that on my roof but for the life of me I haven't been able to get them to do what you have done.

Any chance you can share some secrets? I made a horizontal matrix in nutcracker and tried the bars effect which kind of does it, but nothing like you have. My lights are 8 sections of Flex strips in groups of 15 lights (if that makes sense. 120 lights per spinner).

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: Our 2014 show- Easy Spinners
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, »
Believe it or not those are just regular led lights attached to a PVC circle.
You could accomplish the same thing using vixen 3 by grouping the elements into legs. The spins in Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rhum are just chases across each of the 6 legs. In Don't Stop the Party where they spin on and off I took a snapshot of what it looks like in Vixen 3 and is the last pic attached below.

Hope it helps

Easy Snowflake Spinners
Here is a copy of the thread I posted over at DIYC 2 years ago:

I had a couple people ask about my snowflake spinners.

I stole the idea from Scott (taybrynn), You can see some of his videos here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login He has his spinners near the peaks of the roof of the two houses he does. I believe he wrapped the pvc with lights like an arch.

You can see video of my Spinners here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mine are even simpler than his though, I just made a circle out of Non Metallic EMT conduit. My strings were 16.67' long and I figured I wanted snowflakes about 5' so if I folded them in 3 I would get 66".
I used 66" as the diameter and figured the circumference which is 207".
I then took 2 10' Non-Meatllic EMT conduit and cut them down to 104.5" each (added an inch for the connection). I bent them in a circle and dropped a screw in the bell to hold it.

I then just folded the strings and zip tied them to the conduit and then zip tied them at the intersection in the center.
I alternated colors and it came out pretty nice. Each Spinner has 3 blue 50 ct strings and 3 white 50 ct strings, making a 6 channel controlled spinner.

See the pics below.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, by bcstuff »
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, »
Very Nice and the different ( not typical) songs are cool.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline drlucas

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, »
Interesting...maybe I'll group mine and see what I can figure out.

thanks for sharing the technique!

Believe it or not those are just regular led lights attached to a PVC circle.
You could accomplish the same thing using vixen 3 by grouping the elements into legs. The spins in Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rhum are just chases across each of the 6 legs. In Don't Stop the Party where they spin on and off I took a snapshot of what it looks like in Vixen 3 and is the last pic attached below.

Hope it helps

Here is a copy of the thread I posted over at DIYC 2 years ago:

I had a couple people ask about my snowflake spinners.

I stole the idea from Scott (taybrynn), You can see some of his videos here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login He has his spinners near the peaks of the roof of the two houses he does. I believe he wrapped the pvc with lights like an arch.

You can see video of my Spinners here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Mine are even simpler than his though, I just made a circle out of Non Metallic EMT conduit. My strings were 16.67' long and I figured I wanted snowflakes about 5' so if I folded them in 3 I would get 66".
I used 66" as the diameter and figured the circumference which is 207".
I then took 2 10' Non-Meatllic EMT conduit and cut them down to 104.5" each (added an inch for the connection). I bent them in a circle and dropped a screw in the bell to hold it.

I then just folded the strings and zip tied them to the conduit and then zip tied them at the intersection in the center.
I alternated colors and it came out pretty nice. Each Spinner has 3 blue 50 ct strings and 3 white 50 ct strings, making a 6 channel controlled spinner.

See the pics below.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline meman

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, »
Great job on the show, and thanks for sharing the details of the spinners. They are simple yet very effective !

Mike E.

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, »
Good song choices.  "Different" than TSO and Frozen!  :)
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, »
Very Nice!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying