Author Topic: Bulk 2 conductor cable  (Read 874 times)

Offline peteywhit

Bulk 2 conductor cable
« on: December 27, 2014, »
Hi guys,

It seems like the other day, I saw a bulk roll of 2 conductor cable (green coating i think) and connectors to be able to make whatever length extension cord you need.

I didn't save it, and I've looked all over the wiki and in Ray's store for it but can't seem to find it.  <fp.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please post a link.

Thanks!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Bulk 2 conductor cable
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, »
It is called spt cord and comes in 2 thicknesses SPT1 and SPT2.  The Plugs are called vampire plugs.  You do not buy it from Ray.  There are lots of suppliers in the US including Home Depot online.

You might check christmaslightshow.com and radiant-holidays.com.  There are many others.  I use SPT2 myself, but it is your choice.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, »
I got mine last year from Christmas-leds.com and their pre-sale should be coming up pretty soon as well, I felt they were way under the other vendors on pricing for it, but their supplier was REALLY late this year..

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, »
radiant-holidays.com is having a year end clearance sale on wire right now.  I've only bought cases from him, but he has a good reputation and I have met him and his wife at the Ultimate Academy in Texas.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline peteywhit

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, »
That's exactly what I needed to know Mr. Nealand. Thank y'all for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline meman

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, »
While you can find a decent price per foot on SPT cable from many online vendors, it all falls apart once you add in the cost for shipping. Copper is very heavy.

If you buy it as part of a large order and they throw in free shipping, it would be worth it. Otherwise, you can't beat Home Depot $42 for 250' roll of SPT1...and its always there if you need an extra roll at the last minute.

Mike E.

Offline tpctech

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, »
don't forget about your local electrical supply house.  I purchase 18-2 SPT-1 black in 250 ft spools for less then $35 a spool!

Offline peteywhit

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, »
Good idea tpctech. Although I don't think there's an electrical supply house around where I live. Unless a lumber supply business that carries everything to build a house may have it. I'll have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk