Author Topic: drone video of my show  (Read 2664 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
drone video of my show
« on: December 31, 2014, »
here is a video that one of my show watchers put together of my show. the music isn't what i used but his mix turned out really cool. i'm going to try and get him to come back and do it again with the music that i used for the show.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: drone video of my show
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, »
Very neat.  Every time I see a drone video I want to buy one, but the first thing that would probably happen would be a crash.  darn  Plus the good ones are not cheap.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, »
Very neat.  Every time I see a drone video I want to buy one, but the first thing that would probably happen would be a crash.  darn  Plus the good ones are not cheap.

1000 bucks was the cheapest i found for the one he used. little bit out of my range for someone that don't use it all the time. then again, a toy like that, i'm sure i could find things to do with it! darn, as i type, i am thinking of what it would look like to drone video the fireworks show that my street puts on every year. uh oh!
Florence, KY

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, »
I would love to be able to buy a quality quadcopter. Seems the highly rated one is from DJI

This video for a $1k plus copter is crazy. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DJI Phantom 2 Vision + (or gopro version if you have one)
or the newer DJI Inspire 1 (of course way more $$ but so cool)

Rick R.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, »
The wrapped tree is crazy. I got tired just wrapping my 16 channel arches.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, »
The wrapped tree is crazy. I got tired just wrapping my 16 channel arches.

thank you. there are 8000 leds in that tree and it took me what seemed like for ever to wrap it. i have to make that the last thing i do because it usually takes until the last week of november for all of the leaves to fall off.  i was in that tree every night for about four  hours  for almost a week. it was worth it though. this was my 4th year of animation, i skipped the tree last year and my wife was upset so i had to bring it back. it really got a lot of complements this year. i am seriously contemplating adding more channels to get some movement out of it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, »
Love it!  Cool stuff.  I really dig the view of the snowflakes on the roof.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, »
Love it!  Cool stuff.  I really dig the view of the snowflakes on the roof.

i like what he did too Sam. i was bummed that i missed him when he was here filming. i was still at work and he knocked on the door and asked the wife if he could video the show and she said of course. she didn't tell me until after the video surfaced that he said "drone". i would have ran home a little faster that night if i would have known that. he is supposed to come back but of course it's been below 20 degrees for a couple of days now so that's on hold. i still have everything up just for that reason and i'm itchin to get it all down and put away.
Florence, KY

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, »
I think the Best part of the whole video (no not the drone music) is not one car driving past the shot.  ;D

I know it happens to me and everyone else that records across the street. Then again if I wasn't so lazy in video editing I could just remove the car going by.

Still would love to be able to own a quadcopter. Oh well  :'(

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, »
Definitely an impressive show.  Even more so in person.  Loved your sequencing.  We both loved the tree as well.  My wife commented on it many times while watching.  She said she would just leave the lights on all year.  :-)  I need to call you and talk about a couple of your elements.

-Keith

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, »
Definitely an impressive show.  Even more so in person.  Loved your sequencing.  We both loved the tree as well.  My wife commented on it many times while watching.  She said she would just leave the lights on all year.  :-)  I need to call you and talk about a couple of your elements.

-Keith

thanks keith. i am glad you enjoyed the show. made the trip worth it then.  i am seriously considering leaving the lights in the tree for the year. once the leaves grow in you can't see them. it will be easier to fix a strand here and there then it would be to unwrap and re-wrap every year. get a hold of me when ever, i made all of the elements so i'd be glad to assist
Florence, KY

lightsonlinden

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, »
I like the snowflakes on the roof....

What can you tell me about those?   Are they available for sale or did you custom make them?

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, »
i made them out of coro. i made my pattern on some 1/8'' hard board and transferred to the coro. i was able to get all 8 flakes out of one 4'x8' sheet of coro. they are around 24'' each. i just used a step bit and drilled out the holes so that the lights fit tight in the coro.  the sheet of coro i got from a local sign shop for 12 bucks. there are 105 white and 50 blue
Florence, KY

lightsonlinden

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, »
Would you happen to have any detailed pics and be willing to share them?
If so I can PM you my direct email or post here.....

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, »
i used to have them but can't find them. i was trying to find them the other day for someone else. i will have to take some pictures when i remove them from the house.
Florence, KY