Author Topic: drone video of my show  (Read 2665 times)

lightsonlinden

Re: drone video of my show
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, »
Great I would love to see them..... better yet I'd like to create some for my display because they are awesome.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, »
thank you, i can't take all the credit. i hijacked them from unclebuck a member on here. i will get pics when i take them down.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

lightsonlinden

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
thank you, i can't take all the credit. i hijacked them from unclebuck a member on here. i will get pics when i take them down.

OH, I forgot to ask... how do you affix them to your roof... pics of that would be great too.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, »

OH, I forgot to ask... how do you affix them to your roof... pics of that would be great too.

the tomato cages that i used for my mini trees were too tall for what i wanted. i cut around 12 inches off of the tomato cage leaving the top ring and the four legs that made the vertical structure of the cage. that is what i used to mount the snowflakes so that they weren't just laying on the roof. the metal ring that the snow flake is zip tied to just sits on the roof and they are all wired together using mechanics wire. i created a web between each snowflake and then wired them from the roof vent at the peak and the gutter nails at the bottom. they are basically sitting there but wired together so they don't move. the icicle lights hanging off of the sides of the house are wired to the last two snowflakes on each end, the weight of the icicles(mounted to pvc) is acting as a counter weight for the end of the snowflake web pulling everything tight on the ends.  i will take some pictures of the way it's set up when i take it down. which might be tomorrow if the weather cooperates.
Florence, KY

lightsonlinden

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, »
Did you ever get any pictures yet to share with folks?

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, »
no but i haven't forgot. i was waiting for the guy who shot the drone video to come back and shoot some more footage but i guess he changed his mind. i am going to start tear down tomorrow so i will gets some pics for you of how i tied them off and how they are mounted. i will start a new thread in the tid bits section so be looking for it tomorrow night or sunday.
Florence, KY