Author Topic: I guess someone did not like my show.  (Read 1274 times)

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
I guess someone did not like my show.
« on: January 02, 2015, »
I guess someone did not like my show. That or they thought it was a private drive in theater. Ran over a few PVC trees and tracks all in the yard.

I guess joke is on them I am going to use the insurance money to buy more lights. An they are on sale now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: I guess someone did not like my show.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, »
I guess all they got for Christmas was coal... and took it out on you.
Sorry to hear that you were the victim of a jerk.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, »
If it was New Years they could have been drunk and confused. Could have been lost and looking for a way out. LOL

Next year just put some spikes inside the tree so if they run over them they will get flats.   >:D hehehehehe . . . . . . .

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, »
I've always been against a donation box but we posted this on facebook (we have 1600 followers) and lots are asking us to start a gofundme campaign. How do you all feel about that. I was thinking even at certain donation levels they could pick a song for me to sequence. It feels cheesy to do this but we all know this hobby is not cheap and I wanted to move to smart strings this year. Having to repair this would prevent me from upgrading.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, »
Just remember that you are not a tax free organization and all "donations" are income to you and Uncle Sam will be expecting his share which could lead to an audit.  Sometimes it's simply not worth it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline charles59

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, »
In addition, if you are collecting money (especially for yourself), the use of music without compensation "can" become an issue.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just remember that you are not a tax free organization and all "donations" are income to you and Uncle Sam will be expecting his share which could lead to an audit.  Sometimes it's simply not worth it.

While that may be true it is only passive income not earned income and therefore is taxed at a flat rate of 20% I believe. Ask a tax guy. I'd share if I was getting 80% no doubt about it.

The music angle is potentially a problem for everyone but I believe the music community sees these as marketing of their music and has pretty much left it alone.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, »
For as much as I have spent on lights this year I think I should get a 20% tax break for boosting the economy.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, »
I guess someone did not like my show. That or they thought it was a private drive in theater. Ran over a few PVC trees and tracks all in the yard.

Some doorknob is probably justifying the purchase of his 4x4 pickup by using it off-road.

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, »
I hate taxes. I tried looking it up and thought it might fall under the $14,000 gift exclusion but then again that might only be for family. I think I will go with my gut and not do it.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, »
I came home Christmas night to all my tomato cage pixel trees being knocked over and unwrapped.  My neighbor across the street arrived home at the same time and came over to help me fix the mess.  He was more upset over it than I was.  I mean I didn't like it, but you put something bright and flashy in front of kids these days and they're gonna want to tear it up.  I wasn't going to let it get to me.  So I redid everything the next morning and it was all blinking again that night :-)