Author Topic: Come get the latest (LightShow Pro RC4 released today (v.0.0.729.2100))  (Read 4678 times)

Offline REM

Didn't know you sold the release candidates!?  ;)

EDIT

Or, maybe I should say, it doesn't help us to help you if we can only test drive RCs for 30 days (or however long that was).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, by REM »

Offline rmonty

David and I will discuss and see if we can come up with something.

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Didn't know you sold the release candidates!?  ;)

EDIT

Or, maybe I should say, it doesn't help us to help you if we can only test drive RCs for 30 days (or however long that was).

Hi REM,
Sorry, I know its frusterating, unfortunately we can not introduce the change in demonstration mode at this time. once LSP is released  (very near term as in less than two weeks) we will likely look changing that behavior.

I like to think that you are helping us build a tool that meets your needs...

we are offering pre-release sales at a $20 discount. (for ~10-15 more days)

Our main priority is meeting the needs of paying customers, and adding the features that they are requesting, unfortunately thats just how we have to prioritize work items.
they are happy about that, people with expired demos?-not so much.

in a perfect world we could give all software away for free and not have to deal with the limitations of trial ware that is changing as you demo it... I completely sympathize.

on the other hand, a lot of hard work goes into the development and the only thing to fund development, hosting and building better products are sales.

no question, we will make changes to the evaluation mode that meets everyones needs, its just how and when.

I would love to talk about options of how you think the software should work that is fair for everyone...

Email You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you want to chat offline.
Thanks,
David
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, by LightShowPro »

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For those of you having Vixen import issues, use the updater or go download the latest build.  Let us know how it works for you.

OK

Just updated and was able to inport a Vixen sequence that uses a profile.
It did some funky stuff with the time intervals but it did import.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Here is a screen shot of the sequence after the import.

You can see at the beginning there is no intervals then there are some, a gap with none in the middle, and then they start again.

Bill

Offline rmonty

LSP is trying to optimize the sequence to get rid of uneeded time intervals where no effects reside to provide better efficiency in playback, file strorage, etc.

Ryan

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
OK sounds cool

But why would there be no intervals in spots were the ramp starts or is still in progress?
Is there a way to change this behavior were you can tell LSP to leave them in?  It makes sequencing easier at least for me if I can see the grid of time intervals.

Thanks

Bill

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Just a FYI here...  not a slam...   

If you want to import a large file.  (say more than 100 channels and over the normal 4 - 5 minutes length)  be sure to allow plenty of time.   I started importing a file that has 175 channels and is about 13 minutes long..... (just to "test" the import capability.      45 minutes later, LSP was  only 5% into the optimization step (and I had to leave...   hopefully no errors will crop up to cause it to bomb out while I'm away).   

Also, before importing a .vix file, recommend that you clean it up by deleting totally unused channels.   This reduces the import effort and may keep LSP from erroring out.   

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I did my show from last year  512 channels/ 15 minutes long. It ran the system hard for about 45 minutes and then when it got to channel 318 it crashed.

I could send the show to you to try if you like. no Profile is used.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rmonty

Sure, send it.  We have a limited set of Vixen files to test with, so the more the better.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or to my e-mail which I believe you have.

Ryan