Author Topic: rgb smart nodes presale  (Read 4043 times)

Offline kernal

rgb smart nodes presale
« on: January 06, 2015, »
HCoro is doing an un believable sale.  30 cents per node.  Any Canadian fellows that want some I am willing to ship to Canada.  Send me private message if interested! 
 <pop..

Kernal
My license plate says blinky.

Offline klaasb01

• Pompton Plains, NJ
Re: rgb smart nodes presale
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, »
Has any one tried to use these You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login they use the WS2811 controller, not sure if they would work with Lynx ActiveHub/SSC or Zues.
I know they would have to be cut down to 128 nodes to meet address and power requirements.

Are there any drawbacks  vs. Ray's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, »
Saw this yesterday...

and from their website:

Pixel protocol WS2811 (supported by every major pixel controller including DIYL Zeus/SSC)

So it should work with RJ's lynx system.. as I understand, WS2811 does anyway, just the strips have a draw back of having a single IC controlling three LEDs

Lights

Total LEDs per node: 3 (Red, Green, Blue)
    Total LED nodes per string: 50
    Total DMX channels required per string: 150 DMX Channels

Which means its not a single IC per three LEDs

Sold only in 50 node strings, you'd have to solder them together to get longer ones.

White (all three colors) per node: 45 miliamps / .55 Watts
White (all three colors) per string (50 nodes): 2.268 amps / 27 Watts @ 12v DC (this amount can vary by temperature, wiring to the string and supply voltage)

SSC's will do a max of 4 amps, so you could run a max of 88 nodes per SSC (3.96A... 80 to 85 would probably be a safer number @ 3.6A - 3.825A)  I'd probably do no more than 75 per SSC.
The Zeus will handle a max of 111 per output (4.99A) but 100 - 105 (4.5A - 4.725A)  would probably be a lot safer.  I'd stick with no more than 100.

***DISCLAIMER***
RJ's system wasn't designed around the WS2811 it was designed around the TM1804, and this site can't (and probably won't) really provide support for it using the Lynx system. Just so you know... ya rolls the dice, ya takes yer chances.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, by MazdaFan »
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, »
Another caution... the WS2811 strings can be offered with different clock rates.  DLA controllers support only one of the clock rates.  So, you should get someone to verify the exact pixels will work with your controller before ordering a large quantity.  David (HolidayCoro) may have already validated -- but you should ask, or buy some samples first.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, »
One thing to keep in mind is there definition of a node.  In the case of these WS8211 strips, a node is defined as a group of three tri-color LED's where the TM1804 strips define a node as a single tri-color LED.  This means that even though the WS8211 strip only has 1/3 the number of nodes as the TM1804 strip, they both use the same number of LED's and if the spacing is the same, they are also the same length.

As Steve said, the WS8211 does offer two clocking speeds and the Lynks system is only compatible with the faster clocking speed but the slower clocking speed is seldom used and was put in place for noisy environments.  I would still confirm the clocking speed before ordering. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, »
I bought 10 rolls from Holiday Coro last year and they work just fine with my SSC gear.

I don't know why Lynx is being brought into this, that's an AC controller and will not run pixels more than one brief flash!

Active Hubs and SSC's..

I run a  128 node long ws2811 strip and it needs power injection to stay white, but it NEVER blew a fuse even at 255 white and 41' feet long 128 nodes before I put power injection on it to stop the voltage drop pinks..

Alan

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know why Lynx is being brought into this, that's an AC controller and will not run pixels more than one brief flash!

He was talking about the Lynks System, not the original Lynks controller and the Lynks system includes the SSC as well as the hubs and the Zeus.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, »
Lynx. :)
It's RJ's 'brand' and covers nearly everything in this forum.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, »
From the time the sale started to now. One of the items i was looking at went from 19.99 to 23.99 whats with that.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, »
It depends on what it is but after a year.....  Perhaps the item is at EOL and availability is going down.

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, »
These started out at 19.99 now 23.99.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, »
i just got a quote from Ray for .24 cents per node, for 5000 nodes, it averaged out to .28 each after shipping.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights