Author Topic: RGB Grid editor  (Read 1206 times)

Offline tconley

• Conley Family Christmas
RGB Grid editor
« on: June 03, 2009, »
I was wondering if alternate editors or editor plugin will be avalible.  Let me explain what i am trying to do and you can see if your program can handle the programing.

I am using rgb pixels from JEC on my roof.  What I would like is a grid i can define that then maps back to the chanel and the grids are basically RGB elements.  I can then color each grid element with what amount to a paint the cells with a color paint brush and then move the time index.  This would basically be like doing classic animation where you paint each cell then move on to the next.  This would allow the creation of complex display that are very difficult using the standard time line editor.

On the back end the grid would basically map back each cell to 3 channels(1 red 1 green and 1 blue)  it will do that for every cell.  So for the attached image there are 110 cell so it would map to 330 cells.  Granted I know it will eat channels fast but it would be very cool.

Example
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?

I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Offline REM

Re: RGB Grid editor
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, »
Yeah, as you eluded, what you need is a 2-D editor. Seems like it would be possible to write a little app that does just what you say and spits out Vixen XML.  Each grid 'snapshot' represents one time slice in 2-D instead of 1-D or linear like Vixen.

Offline tconley

• Conley Family Christmas
Re: RGB Grid editor
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, »
The problem is i dont know how to write one and i was wondering if light show pro might have an interface for this?
Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?

I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.