Author Topic: Moody Family Christmas Videos - 2014  (Read 468 times)

Offline moodytx

• Moody Family Christmas
Moody Family Christmas Videos - 2014
« on: January 14, 2015, »
Its really kind of funny if you think about it. We fire off the display on Thanksgiving night and on several nights we were in shorts and a t-shirt.
The weather here in East Texas was pleasant, it didnt rain on us every night... in fact we only had a couple of nights where the yard grid (sometimes just 1/2 of it) wouldnt come up becasue of the GFCI's.

Then suddenly it was Christmas and the rains came. We shut down early and for three nights it was dark ... then ... it happened ... that realization that ... I didnt take a single picture or shoot a single frame of video .... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

As I said the show had been dark for three nights but on the 4th night I tried to light it up to get some video ... All was well in the world. All the elements lit up and the show was running perfectly. I set up the camera on the tripod and started shooting ... Did I mention it was FREEZING outside now.. Did I mention that I usually take 3 angles of video which means I have to sit through the entire show at LEAST 3 times ... Did mention there are like 19 songs in a full show rotation? Oh and last but not least did I mention that the glow from a display in the night sky attracts visitors that park directly in front of your camera setup ... ROFL ... Yes this was my punishment for waiting until the last minute ...

So anyway .. several hours of filming, watching, moving and trying to keep warm followed by several more hours of editing.... here we are ... The Moody Family Christmas 2014 videos are ready ... (well mostly ready ... I ran out of space on Vimeo for the week so there are 6 videos sitting in my Dropbox that are waiting for my upload allocation to roll over... )

2014 brought a lot of updates to the display. Unfortunately most of them were behind the scenes. Visually, our biggest event was the addition of the 12-string 180-PixelTree. It was a huge success. So much so that the joke around the house was we could have just put the tree out then stood in the yard and blinked a flash light and everyone would have still have loved the display !!! LOL ..

We had a lot of fun this year with the tree and all the new sequences. We picked up a few tree sequences from Brian Bruderer at Superstarlights and from Dave Torres at Holidaysequences. They were awesome additions. However they came a little late in the season so just to get them out, I did all the sequences on a couple of them but the other two, I basically just turned everything on and let the tree be the center piece hoping that no one would notice. That lasted about 15 mins. The first song where the tree was doing its thing and everything else was static brought a tiny voice from one of the cars that said... "How come nothing else is moving??? ... BUSTED !!!

The tree also afforded us a little creative fun. The Santa Watch sequence was a 30 minute throw down but received a ton squeals from the kids. I sat down and did the voice over and scavanged a few effects from other sequences and poof ...

All in all it was a great year and we would like to share it with all of our friends and family in the community. The posted link will take you to our Christmas 2014 album on Vimeo.

Thanks to all of you for watching and for all the great help we get throughout the year.

Video Album is at:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you and Merry Christmas.
Bob and Sandra Moody
Happy Lights!
Bob and Sandra