Author Topic: Programming PIC Chips for Zeus  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Programming PIC Chips for Zeus
« on: January 15, 2015, »
How do you program the PIC chips for the Zeus? I have a PICkit 3 and have used it to re-program the PIC chips on my USB Dongle and Expresses since they have the ICSP Header pins, but the Zeus doesn't, and the PICs weren't programmed in the last co-op.

I do seem to remember an adapter to place the chips in a special board with a ZIF socket, similar to this: (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) but I was thinking of getting something pre-made. Yeah, I know we're supposed to do everything ourselves here, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Doing some Googling, searching Mouser, and Microchip's web site there seems to be a lot of specialized boards for development (waaaay above my head and beyond my needs), but nothing to be able to... duhhhh, duhhhhh, drop the chips in, program them, and duhhhhh, duhhhhh, take the chips out easily.   ;)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: Programming PIC Chips for Zeus
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, »
If you have a SSCv4 you can pull the pic and use it as your programmer for the Zeus Pics.

If not here is some additional info using the J1sys programmer or bread boarding your own redneck programmer.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline packetbob

• zappedmyself.com
Re: Programming PIC Chips for Zeus
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, »
You can't beat the J1SYS adapters....
You can get a complete kit here:
It will work with the PICkit2 or 3....
zappedmyself.com