Author Topic: LE Enclosures and Pigtails  (Read 2205 times)

lightsonlinden

LE Enclosures and Pigtails
« on: January 16, 2015, »
I am new to DLA and LE.   I have bought a few used ones from DLA members.

I am wondering where I can get LE enclosures and pig tails?

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: LE Enclosures and Pigtails
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, »
I use monoprice.com for cords.  Here are the part numbers.

Input Power Cord + 16 output cords Monoprice (16 - 5297,1 - 5291)

Cases : CableGuard CG-1500 Coax Demarcation Enclosure

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are cheaper options on cords like vampire plugs and sp1 cord.  Lamp cords from walmart.  Just depends on what you want to spend.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, by Jeffl »

Offline winwin

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, »
Another option for your CG-1500

AL.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, »
go to a local outlet store like big lots or dollar tree. we have a place called Ollie's that had them for 1.29 for 6' cords. i talked the manager into dropping the price to a dollar because i bought all 80 something cords that he had. that would be the fastest way. a roll of spt wire and some vampire plugs also come in handy for making your own custom cords, or you can just cut your extension cords and splice in some spt wire to make it the length you need. always solder your connections and shrink wrap, as well as make sure you tin the wires with solder before you mount them in the express. only takes one stray strand to short and blow a triac. while on that subject, might want to put a spare parts order in with mouser like triacs, fuses, etc... nothing like having something go down in the middle of show time and have to wait for an order to come in the mail. yes, it will happen to you too! lol so be prepared.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, »
Dollar Tree has a 50 pack of extension cords you can order off their website in bulk, free shipping to store.

However, last season Home Depot had a 3 pack of 6' 9' 15' extension cords for $2.97 if you want to risk it for next year and wait.

Alan

Offline jonathan_eisert

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, »
I have both the CG case and the Minleon. I have to say the Minleon case is the better choice. Their link is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, »
If the shipping does not kill you on it, couple complaints on that last year, but $25.00 with pigtails a case with a power switch is a pretty good deal.

Offline jonathan_eisert

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, »
I didn’t think I was going to like the Minleon cases, but after using them for both Halloween and Christmases I’m impressed by them. I like that they are designed for the LE. My plan for this year is to phase out my CG cases and go with the Minleon cases.

Offline lightguy

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, »
Did your minleon cases come with pigtails? I remember there was some debate about this when they first came out.

Offline jonathan_eisert

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, »
No they did not. When I got them you had to purchase them separately. I’m not sure if they sell them now with pigtails or not. For my pigtails I used SPT1 and some female plugs I picked up from Wal-Mart. If you want when I get home I will post pictures of both the Minleon case and the CG case side by side so you can see both of them.

Offline jonathan_eisert

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, »
Here are the pictures.

Offline typoagain

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, »
No they did not. When I got them you had to purchase them separately. I’m not sure if they sell them now with pigtails or not. For my pigtails I used SPT1 and some female plugs I picked up from Wal-Mart. If you want when I get home I will post pictures of both the Minleon case and the CG case side by side so you can see both of them.

That is a good looking case. I like the fact that it is black.
I still have 1-2 of the cases with the old hole pattern. I think I even have one of the old bare boards.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.