Author Topic: Obsolete parts that are no longer availible at Mouser  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Al

the Wiki shopping list for the Wireless(TX/RX)Ver 2
has 2 parts that are Obsolete.

579-MRF24J40MB-I/RM   - Zigbee / 802.15.4 Modules 2.4GHz, 802.15.4 Xcvr w/int PA
511-ST485BN                - Buffers & Line Drivers Hi-Spd Lo Pwr Trans

is there any one that has a updated shopping list?

al

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Al,

The transceiver has replacements available I think one of the coop guys will have the number of the one they are using. The issue is the rf module. I am not finding any of them. The alternate number they show is fine but no one carries them.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Al

579-MRF24J40MA-I/RM
this shows as a similar part, would it work?

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
The original transceiver (version 1)  used the MA chip {in both the RX receiver and TX/RX transceiver).    In the transceiver version 2, RJ jumped to the MB chip in the transceiver because it has a stronger broadcast signal and did not require an external antenna.   

Real Components  indicates they have a bunch (over 3000 in stock)   but price unknown.    You'd need to call them.    You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline tbone321

If this is the case then I would suggest that the coop managers decide if this would be a good time for a quick wireless coop.  I would also suggest that one of the options be just the MB chip for those that have boards alone. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If this is the case then I would suggest that the coop managers decide if this would be a good time for a quick wireless coop.  I would also suggest that one of the options be just the MB chip for those that have boards alone. 
The coop manager is already working on a coop. If we are able to find the transceiver at a decent price, a coop will be coming soon.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
It appears that Microchip recently came out with a new module,  "MRF24J40MD"   that on the surface appears to be a drop in replacement...   with stronger output and more sensitive receiving...    from Microchip on a onzy basis,   $15 each...  (over 4000 currently in stock).    The bad is that that chip is not yet available at Mouser.    Whether it truly is a drop in requires the boss to pitch in with his esteemed expertise. 

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012