Author Topic: Thank You Everyone!  (Read 673 times)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Thank You Everyone!
« on: January 23, 2015, »
I've been a member here for about 5 years now (the same amount of time it took for generation two of the Chevy Volt to be revealed if you've been paying attention to my avatar, ha ha). I was more active here when I did my Express/Aether setup originally, and have been mostly absent until the past month or so, but earlier today, I put in an order on a pre-sale to get my pixel strings, 3- and 4-conductor connectors and a few other trimmings. They should be arriving in a few months. I am excited about embarking on this new PixelNet voyage!

Being Canadian, though, I'm not as excited about the USD/CAD exchange rate and where it seems to be heading. At least the recent gas savings are being put toward my exchange rate losses.  :)

Thank you to everybody who answered my recent questions about all things Pixelnet. I'm getting all my ducks in a row (and hoping for some co-ops) to have something new for the neighbourhood in December 2015--or 2016 at the latest. We're expecting our second child in March, so it will be both an exciting--and busy--year! And the years after that, I plan to add a pixel mega tree, coro stars, unique use of flexible ribbons, and other same old, same old, yard ornaments with their incandescent guts pulled out and re-adapted for an RGB world.

Thanks again, all!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, by Gary »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Thank You Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, »
Congrats for your second child in March. Lets us know how child and mom are doing in march along with a picture.

I did notice the car avatar. Can it power your light show  :)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Re: Thank You Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, »
I did notice the car avatar. Can it power your light show  :)

Generation 1 didn't have anything built-in to power your entire house in the event of a neighbourhood power failure, but perhaps Generation 2 will because people had that on their "wouldn't it be nice if" list. Or perhaps it won't happen because of potential lawsuits by, uhhh... dumb people.