Author Topic: Where can we get LED Light strings cheap?  (Read 4791 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Where can we get LED Light strings cheap?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, »
Basically, what I want to do this year is replace all of the lights on my wire frames with LED's.  I was looking at their 100 count white LED's on white stings.  They call the light color "winter white".  To me, that indicates a cool white.  Not exactly what I was looking for.  Has anyone seen these lights?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, »
Not sure, MIS uses different names for marketing.  For wire frames you also might want to checkout You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  I think they have the colored caps that work well with mounting to wire frames.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, »
Colored caps don't really work on LED's (except to some degree on the white ones).  I do like their price on the clips which I will also need some of.  There LED string prices are a little high so I will not be buying those from them.  I am deciding between CLE and Magic in the Sky.  CLE is a little less money and declare their light output as "warm white" where the name Magic is using indicates that it is more of a cool white.  Since neither is showing a color temp, it really is just a guess as to what they actually look like.  Since the one sale is over this Friday, I need to make that decision by then.

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, »
Warm white is all I have from HLE.  Both green and white wire.  I would call both of them and ask to see which one works best for you.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, »
The problem with HLE is that they don't carry or are not offering the 100 light strings with white wire and IMHO, putting a green wire string on a white wire frame really looks like crap, especially when some of them are close to the road and can be easily seen from the road during the day. 

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Basically, what I want to do this year is replace all of the lights on my wire frames with LED's.  I was looking at their 100 count white LED's on white stings.  They call the light color "winter white".  To me, that indicates a cool white.  Not exactly what I was looking for.  Has anyone seen these lights?

Tom,
The white LEDs I have are the pure winter white color from MITS.  You can see them in my videos. They are the only lights on the arches. They are also on the Palm trees, mini trees and house.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, »
Those that order now, regardless of the company or color will probably receive their orders in August/September.
Why so long, if we are ordering in-stock items?  I need a few strings - about fifteen total, three each of five different colors - in fairly short order for testing purposes.  Later I expect to put in an order for a significantly greater quantity.  By "short order", I mean a couple of weeks or so.  I don't need them overnight.

They are more expensive up front, but the quality and consistency have been very good.
Well, maybe not so much.  The prices are running around $13 - $16 plus shipping for 100 light strings.  That is a heck of a lot cheaper than $11 plus tax for a 50 light string.  Compared to the Chinese "fairy lights" available on e-bay, then yes, I agree these are more expensive, but not after adding in the amount of time it would take to modify the "fairy lights", eliminating the chase controller.  I agree the quality looks to be far better then the stuff on ebay.

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, »
As long as you your order from HLE is all in stock you will probably get it shipped within a day. It's when your order is not in stock that you will have to wait.  Last year my pre-order didn't arrive until late August.  This year I was smart and placed two orders, one in stock and one that was not.   This way I was able to get most of it quick.

If what you need is in stock at HLE, I would order it without hesitation.

I agree on the quality.  It's time or money.  I have hundreds of minis in my stock but I'm limiting their use because I can't stand replacing them every few years.

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, »
Yeah, I realized that after I posted.  They mention that as long as the entire order is in stock, they ship immediately.  Good to their word, they have shipped my order, and it should be here by Tuesday.  It was only 15 strings, and I made sure it was all in stock.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, by lrhorer »