Author Topic: Noobie question - SOLVED  (Read 4356 times)

Offline peteywhit

Re: Noobie question
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, »
Good news is I found out why the LE wasn't getting a DMX signal. Neither chip was flashed with the full hex file.

While at work I downloaded both hex files again. At lunch I ran home and flashed both PICs respectively and powered both up and I now have a data light, and when I run the test function on the LE itself, the DMX LED lights up.

So I opened Xlights and tried to do the test, but no blinky blinky. And the yellow light on the Magjack actually goes out while Xlights is sending a signal....

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, »
Make sure that xlights is set to output to the controllers.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline peteywhit

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, »
I had Ch 1 selected, the function set to shimmer, background and the other slider at 255. And output to lights was checked.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, »
You might want to post a screen shot of the configuration and test screens so that we can confirm that everything is set up correctly.

Offline peteywhit

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, »
Ok so here is what I had in the setup and test tabs..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, by peteywhit »

Offline peteywhit

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, »
And then I changed the "last channel" to 512 and it started working. So it is working with xLights now...

About to try Vixen again...

Offline tbone321

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2015, »
Some implementations of E1.31 only use or allow for 510 channels per universe which I believe is the reason for that box.  The ETD allows for all 512 channels per universe to be used.  In DMX mode, the ETD allows for 4 E1.31 universes of 512 channels and in PixelNet more, it is set up for 32 512 channel E1.31 universes.

Offline peteywhit

Noobie question
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginWell I have just had everything against me on this. I did get a short show to run with vixen 3 just now by the way.

Check this video out (pay no mind to the mess on my table). Just running a flash test in XLights and then plug my phone in the USB port (because I have to tether from my phone) and the signal stops. That's why it won't work when I have my phone plugged in. Wow.

I've got to hurry up and get some internet here lol
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, by peteywhit »