Author Topic: RGB or Not? Or Mixed?  (Read 2855 times)

Offline lrhorer

Re: RGB or Not? Or Mixed?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, »
I would say if you like the look, then you like the look, and anyone else's opinion really isn't that important.  That said, sharing ideas is a truly fine means of achieving creativity.  As Jeff mentioned, sequencing is a very important aspect of the show, but I would say the layout is just as important.  In my opinion, it isn't so much what you use as what you do with them, both spatially and chronologically.  To me, elegance and harmony are far more important than either a fancy layout or a clever sequence.  Unfortunately, although I greatly appreciate artistry, I'm not terribly good at it.  That is why I am asking an artist friend of mine to help me with ,the layout and sequencing of my show this Christmas. I don't have a very big budget, so I am going with a few incandescent stings - mostly static, a few LED strings in trees, a tree stump laced with RGB LED tapes, a "peppermint" pole wrapped with alternating static red and white LED tapes, and a number of "SuperSphere" LED balls.  No RGB strings this year, I expect, but that's due to budget, rather than preference.