Author Topic: Lynx Express v5 Coop - Closed for Orders  (Read 49817 times)

Offline mangoat

Re: Lynx Express v5 Coop - Closed for Orders
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2015, »
payment sent
regards
mangoat

Offline Tony the Handy Guy

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2015, »
Payment sent.

Thanks John!

Just a reminder - 2 more days to close and the numbers look close.

Offline Exitfourxmas

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2015, »
Payment sent.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2015, »
Payment window is closed. Please check the second post of this thread and make sure all the information about your order is correct. If you have paid and it is not marked as paid, please let me know immediately.
I will start ordering parts on Monday.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline rjhodgefamily

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2015, »
Hey just out of curiosity what is the last column for?

Richard

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey just out of curiosity what is the last column for?

Richard

Richard,
I accidentally posted that column. I use it to calculate parts totals in my spread sheet.

John

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2015, »
Update.
All parts are ordered. There is only one backorder and it is supposed to ship by the end of the week. Sorting should start next week.

John

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2015, »
Update.
Most of the parts should arrive tomorrow. It will still be a while before the heat sinks and PCBs arrive. More sorting will happen this weekend.

John

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2015, »
Update.
Small parts are almost all sorted. Still waiting for heat sinks from the machine shop.

John

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2015, »
Update.
Small parts are all sorted. Still waiting for the heat sinks from the machine shop.
Members orders that were only parts kits were shipped today.

John

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2015, »
got mine thx 8)
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2015, »
Update.
Waiting for heat sinks.

John

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2015, »
Update.
Situations beyond our control have caused this coop to stall. The machinist that makes the heat sinks has been very sick and has not been able to produce them. I apologize for the delay and promise that as soon as they are finished we will ship them out. RJ is on top of the situation and he is doing everything he can.
We appreciate your patience.
If you have any questions, send me a PM.

John

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2015, »
I normally do not post in a coop managers coop, but the situation requires some details that I have and the manager does not.

The machinist that creates the express heatsinks for me fell very ill after receiving the metal, cutting it and beginning the machining. He does them for us between other work and this is how we get them done for such a good cost. After a few weeks of being ill and seeing a doctor he returned to work and once on his feet for a few hours would have to go home. After a little longer than a week of this he collapsed at work one day. He then was hospitalized with a rare case of a resistant viral infection. He was treated, released and required to remain home resting for a week. After this time he returned to work very weak and went back to work on the awaiting projects only to become very weak again after a few days of working a couple of hours each day. He worked on projects including ours and finished a small number of our items. But then fell ill again and was rushed to the hospital.

The cycle of rest, work, ill, hospital happened a second time. This time at the hospital it was decided that the only option for treatment was to do chemotherapy to try and save his life since the virus is antibiotic resistant. He is now home and has been assigned a home health nurse to care for him. He is very weak and he is having other issues from the chemo at this point. As you can see this has been an ongoing issue for months and each time he felt he would be ok in a week or two and would finish up our heatsinks for us.

I spoke with his Sister who runs the other part of the family business (injection molding company) yesterday and once he is a little better we are going to see if there is someway I can get the ones that are done and maybe hand finish the others. this is his sister and my plans, as he told her he would get them right out as soon as he is strong enough to return to work. She tells me he is being a little optimistic as to how long it might be before this could really happen, and that he is really sick and they are very worried about him.

First please put him in your prayers, and second know that I am sorry for the delay and working to get the heatsink to the coop manager so he can finish your kits. At this the coop manager only needs these heatsinks to send your kits out so the delay is in no way because of him.

Once I have the heatsinks done they will be sent to the anodizer in Orlando which is normally a short couple of days turn around.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline MSL

• So many lights, so little time!
    • 26streetlights
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2015, »
RJ,

For me.....

Please thank the machinist for his contribution for me for making my display as good as it is. Without his hard work I would not have the display I now have.   

As far as I am concerned (and I am sure the rest of DLA members agree) he should take as much time as he needs to get well. He should not concern himself with anything else other then to make a complete recovery.

Please let him know he is included in my prayers.

Mark Lentz (MSL) 
Holiday Lights in Plantation, Florida

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Our show can be seen on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login