Author Topic: Lynx Express v5 Coop - Closed for Orders  (Read 49806 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Lynx Express v5 Coop - Closed for Orders
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2015, »
Thank you Mark, I will. I am going to try a get if taken care of for him if possible.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline arw01

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2015, »
My prayers with the machinist as well.  For me, if they are bent and anodized I can drill them with a good template, I have the gear to drill and tap where I need.  May take a little pressure off you RJ getting them done.

Alan

Offline mangoat

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2015, »
what a crazy world we live in.  i wish the best for the machinist and his family.

cheers.

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2015, »
My first concern is for the machinist.  Not only for his health, which is paramount, but also for his feelings, which can actually impact his health.  The thing is, it is hard to know if the remaining work looms over him as worrisome unfinished business of which he would gladly be free, or if taking the work elsewhere would make him feel he had failed, lending itself to depressed feelings.  For myself, I would probably tend more toward the latter.  With that in mind, I would be hesitant to suggest he give up the work - and of course there is no question he should be paid more than fairly for his time.  I am not in a tearing hurry at this point, although if this drags out more than another 60 days or so, I might say we would have to ask him to give in to pragmatism.  Until then, I would be willing to wait for him to recover and even then not press him for output.  On the other hand, if he feels he would rather not have to worry with the project right now, then I am not unwilling to face a reasonable premium to have the work done elsewhere.  Either way, I would like to make it clear to him this is not something he needs to fret at this time.

Offline eyearedan

« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2015, »
if it helps, I will be happy to pay the additional postage to have them shipped later.  That way he will know everyone is getting their parts and be building and can install the heat sink later. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2015, »
You kinda need the heat sink in place in order to properly position the triacs before soldering them in.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline TerryW

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You kinda need the heat sink in place in order to properly position the triacs before soldering them in.

The heat sinks are for the 12volt option only correct? The 12volt option, from my understanding, can be added at a later time. I personally don't need the 12 volt option at this time, just added it for future options. I,too, would be willing to pay a bit more to ship the heat sinks later so I can get the main boards now. I just need time to assemble, test, and integrate them.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2015, »
You must be thinking of the smart string hub.  The Express has no such option.  It is a 120V controller AC controller and the heat sink is use to keep the Triacs temp (all 16 of them) under control.  The heat sink is an integral part of the device and cannot be easily added later and unless all you intend to dim are low current LED strings, assembling the device without it is a really bad idea.  Another thing to consider is that you would be doubling the amount of shipping work for the coop manager who is doing this for free as it is.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline TerryW

« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2015, »
You must be thinking of the smart string hub.  The Express has no such option.  It is a 120V controller AC controller and the heat sink is use to keep the Triacs temp (all 16 of them) under control.  The heat sink is an integral part of the device and cannot be easily added later and unless all you intend to dim are low current LED strings, assembling the device without it is a really bad idea.  Another thing to consider is that you would be doubling the amount of shipping work for the coop manager who is doing this for free as it is.

You are correct, my apologies.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2015, »
Ok update,

Mike is still very ill, they got someone to come in a help out and he is finishing the last of them today. They will go in the tumbler for a day and I will get them. They will be sent to the anodized and that normally takes a week including shipping time.

So the issue is getting resolved. I went out to see if I could pick them up to finish myself this morning and this is what I found out instead.

RJ

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2015, »
Ok update,

Mike is still very ill, they got someone to come in a help out and he is finishing the last of them today. They will go in the tumbler for a day and I will get them. They will be sent to the anodized and that normally takes a week including shipping time.

So the issue is getting resolved. I went out to see if I could pick them up to finish myself this morning and this is what I found out instead.

RJ

Thank you RJ for all your help.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline mangoat

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2015, »
thanks for all the updates and correspondence.  you guys have done a great job considering the situation.

regards
mangoat

Offline Don Gillespie

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2015, »
Yes thank you guys for keeping everyone informed, as for the Mike I can only hope he heals and gets better.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2015, »
I am afraid he may have a long a difficult road to recovery.  The heat sink should ship early next week.

RJ

Offline mangoat

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2015, »
none of our business really, but im sure all our thoughts and prayers are with his family and himself.

cheers for the update again too.