Author Topic: What is a chaser?  (Read 3859 times)

Offline lrhorer

What is a chaser?
« on: February 25, 2015, »
OK, my last query didn't garner any replies, so I will take a different tack.  By the Vixen 3 definition, what, exactly, is a chaser and how, exactly, is it provisioned?  I have tried setting up a few different chasers with variable parameters, and none of them behave as I would expect.  What I think of as a chase would make some of the effects I am trying to achieve much easier and faster, but so far I am not able to get any useful effects at all when I create one.  Note I am working with simple, single color strings, not RGB.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, by lrhorer »

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Re: What is a chaser?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, »
I hope you get some good info but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'm not sure that many ppl here run vixen 3 yet...
I believe a lot of us have moved from vixen to nutcracker/xlights due to RGB.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, »
The chase in v3 is not the same as  in other programs. It is designed to chase elements not a string if that is what you are wanting to do. You need to give some more info On what you are trying to do So hopefully we ccan help some

Joe

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, »
Then shouldn't it have a name more appropriate to the function such as element chase.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, »
I agree with you tbone but that's how they made the program. It will chase element's

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The chase in v3 is not the same as  in other programs. It is designed to chase elements not a string if that is what you are wanting to do. You need to give some more info On what you are trying to do So hopefully we ccan help some
I have 5 sets of 5 strings each.  Each set consists of 1 red string, one green string, one blue string, one purple string, and one pink string.  From left to right, for purposes of this conversation, let's label them 1 - 25 with 1, 6, 11, 16, and 21 being red, etc.  I want to have fades do things like 1=> 6 => 11 => 2 => 7 => 12 => 3+4+23+24 => 5+1+25+21, etc.  I can do that, of course, by setting up dozens of pulses, but that's a lot of time and effort, plus the pulses are independent of each other.  Any adjustments to one pulse requires the entire set of subsequent pulses to be adjusted.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, »
try this link it should answer better than I  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login this area will help you with almost any problem you may encounter with v3