Author Topic: RGB  (Read 2758 times)

Offline tconley

• Conley Family Christmas
RGB
« on: June 06, 2009, »
Is there any way to create a synthetic Chanel.  The Idea would be to take 3 channels a red a green and a blue and bind them together into a synthetic channel.  Then the affect could be colored and applied to that one channel and the actual channels will get the correct 0-255 value based on RGB.

Basically i could color the channels and the value would be update based on the color o fthe synthetic channel.
Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?

I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rmonty

Re: RGB
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, »
Not at this time.  It is in our list to add the capability to combine three different channels into a single channel for RGB purposes.

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, »
I'm confused than, I thought that lightshow pro worked well with RGB and could create different colors. Am I missing something? I went in and set up my first sequence and messed around with the RGB tool. I highlighted 10 seconds of 3 channels, opened up the tool to select what color I wanted, and it just gave me a ramp. I even tried clicking ok and it ramped the lights over the entire song. How can I select pink for 10 seconds to run my wall washers? Also, in the RGB tool, their is no green, it really looks like just blue and red. Hopefully I can get some help as the light show pro website is down.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, by Sloanhaus »

Offline rmonty

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, »
When you place the RGB effect, double click on each end of the colored bar to select a color as it will bring up a color selection tool.  To get the same color for the entire effect, just choose the same color for each end.  Let me know if you need more help if I didn't explain how to do it well enough.

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, »
OK, thats wonderful info. Now I am having problems with selecting cells

First I go into track 1,2,and 3 and change there color to red, green, blue
2nd I click on the rgb tool
3rd I select track 1,2,3  for about 10 seconds of the song
4th I double click on the left and right side of the color pallet and select green
I than click ok and it makes my entire song green...

Any ideas

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, »
One more thing (okay, we both know their will be more questions)

If I have a RGB spot, how do I go about adding it to the preview showing the color I have chosen, or can you add it to the preview. I tried clicking on all 3 tracks to see if I could draw it in, but it wouldnt let me.

Thanks

Sloan
And Yes, I did pay for the pro version
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, by Sloanhaus »

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, »
you can draw each track independently as a flood (R,G & B) overlay on top of each other, then when performing the preview the multiple layers of transparency will "simulate" the blend..

this will be greatly improved soon.

Offline rmonty

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, »
I than click ok and it makes my entire song green...

Not sure what you mean by entire song.  It should change the entire RGB effect across all three channels to green for those 10 seconds.

Ryan

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, »
Ya, I got it working... Thanks,,

Hey, if I am using a wall washer that has 5 channels (R/B/G/strobe/intensity), what do I need to put in for channel 4 and 5, or do I just leave those blank and the wall washer will know what to do? Also, can you please tell me the difference in DMX pro and DMX open, I am pretty sure that I need to use open.

Offline rmonty

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, »
Ya, I got it working... Thanks,,

Hey, if I am using a wall washer that has 5 channels (R/B/G/strobe/intensity), what do I need to put in for channel 4 and 5, or do I just leave those blank and the wall washer will know what to do? Also, can you please tell me the difference in DMX pro and DMX open, I am pretty sure that I need to use open.

I will probably need to let David clarify if I mess this up, but you will have to configure each track for the wall washer.  You right click on the track and click configure then select the DMX tab.  For the RGB and intensity channels you will select the supports intensity checkbox.  For the strobe track you will select the supports shimmer/stobe box and then you can select if you want to map the strobe rate to the intensity of the effect.  After you have configured the tracks, you will need to put the on effect (and set the intensity) in the intensity track when you want the unit on.  This way you can set a color using the RGB tool and then fade in an out using the intensity track.  If you map the stobe to intensity then you can set the strobe speed in the strobe track just by setting the intensity of the effect (i.e. a ramp up would be a slow strobe to fast strobe).  I hope this isn't too confusing and I'm sure David can probably explain better.

Ryan

Offline rmonty

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, »
Also, can you please tell me the difference in DMX pro and DMX open, I am pretty sure that I need to use open.

Forgot to answer this question, for the Lynx DMX adapter or DMX Pro adapter you would use the DMX Pro universe.  For the Open DMX adapter use the Open DMX Universe.

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, »
I think that was an excellent explanation. Not sure what the Lynx DMX Pro is,,, anywhere I can read up on this... I just bought a bunch of DMX wall washers and cans,  I am thinking that this would lead me to the open dmx... I am using the dongle, and I will have some expresses in use as well.

Offline rmonty

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, »
Are you using the lynx dongle?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, »
I think that was an excellent explanation. Not sure what the Lynx DMX Pro is,,, anywhere I can read up on this... I just bought a bunch of DMX wall washers and cans,  I am thinking that this would lead me to the open dmx... I am using the dongle, and I will have some expresses in use as well.

Brad its really simple.

1 - Lynx Dongle (The dongle creates the dmx chain and handles the timing)
2 - Enttec DMX Pro (does the same work as the Lynx dongle)
3 - Enttec DMX Open (your computer creates the dmx chain and timing)

What dongle are you using?

btw: There is NO Lynx DMX Pro - you mixed up Ryan's info

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, »
Yes, I will be using the Lynx Dongle, sorry for the confusion. So I assume I will be using the dmx pro controller.

Thanks

Brad