Author Topic: Interest thread for adding 4 core pigtails to the current ssc4 coop  (Read 2073 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
I am looking for imput whether there is enough interest in adding 4 core pigtails to the current ssc4 coop that is running at this time

Thankyyou Joe

Offline tbone321

In my opinion, the 4 core pigtails are really the way to go.  Unlike the RJ45's, they are weatherproof and are more capable of handling the fairly high current demands of a full string.  I also like the idea of using different connectors for different things.  Using one connector for many different and sometimes incompatible uses is just asking for trouble and has caused equipment damage for some. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline untillater

I agree that the 4 core pigtail makes more sense than using cat5/rj45 as they come weather sealed from the get go.

Thanks

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
+1 -- the rj45 connectors caused me lots of issues.  the 4-core have not had a single issue.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline drlucas

I couldn't agree more. all my cat5 pigtails have been victim of water damage.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline dilgod

• Change your thoughts and you change your world.

I will be interested in it.

With the current running coop, I hope it includes the option for the 4 core pigtails.

Dilip

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Any news on whether the 4 core pigtails are going to be added to the smart string coop or not?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline cody33rd

I would rather have the 4 core if it becomes available.
Springville Utah