Author Topic: Setting Up SanDevices in LOR  (Read 5206 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Setting Up SanDevices in LOR
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, »
LOR is a solid product so I can see why you would want to stick with it.  The advantage is that for many things you can.  Xlights/Nutcracker can convert your LOR sequences and can output to your LOR equipment.  This gives you the ability to create some of your sequence in LOR and then import it into XLights.  The advantage of using XLights/Nutcracker is that Nutcrackers effects can do what the high dollar add-ons for LOR can do for free.  This will allow you to create the single channel (LE) portion of your sequences in LOR and then import the sequence into XLights/Nutcracker where you can use Nutcrackers effects and ability's to add in the pixel part of the sequence.  XLights scheduler is also superior to many of the others out there.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline gadgetsmith

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, »
Another nice feature with the upcoming XLights 4 release is that you can import and tie your LOR sequence to the sequence in XLights.  That means if you update your LOR file, all you need to do is open the XLights file and re-save it and it will automatically update with the most current LOR changes you made.

XLights scheduler works well, but I believe Sean said he doesn't plan to add features to it any longer.  With XLights 4, it now saves as an .fseq file, which can be used directly by the FPP software to run shows. (if that holds any interest for you)

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, »
I have used xLights to run my show since it was first released, so I plan on using it to run the show anyway it's just sequencing that's got me wanting to change things up
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, »
Just finished my first sequence (at least the mega tree) in XL4 beta. Letting go of the grid is hard but dropping in effects was easy. Layers are a bit challenging but I got stuff to work and I am happy with it.  I may still use LOR for the on/off stuff but I won't pay for super star or use the pixel editor, it seems very clunky and tacked on. I do have a Pi and may make her jump to the FFP and free up my laptop.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login