Author Topic: i am stuck, please help  (Read 8833 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: i am stuck, please help
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, »
I see that you are thinking that PixelNet and Universe are two separate jumpers sets but they are not.  The RS485 communications that we use uses 2 wires and each one requires its own jumper.  This is why there are two of them but they are both for the same thing.  I would reflash the PIC on the hub.  I believe that they may have came pre-flashed but there was some issues with them.  I would also consider using the 24 pin connector instead of just the 4 pin ones.  The three voltages that the hub requires should be provided by the 4 pin connectors but the hub was not designed to work that way and there may be some issues, especially with the 3.3V and the PIC requires that. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, »
It looks like you are using a PC power supply and do not have the 24 pin connector connected. You also have the 5 volt regulator installed but not the 3.3 volt regulator. This means that the board will not be getting 3.3v which is required to run the PIC chip. This is why you are not getting DMX out since the PIC controls the DMX out and it is not getting power.

If you are using a PC power supply you need to make sure the 24 pin connector is connected. It will supply both 5 volts and 3.3 volts to the board. So, you do not want either of the optional regulators installed.

If you are using a straight 12 volt DC power supply, you need both the 5 volt and 3.3 volt regulators installed.

Also as tbone pointed out, the Pixelnet Universe jumpers should both be set to the same value.

Offline Al

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, »
Thank you guys for your help.
my DMX output works just fine after plugin in the 24 pin connector. :)

now that i have everything working, i am finding the 650w dual rail power supply i am using
is not strong enough and shutting down, i see some posts talk about using single rail power supply,  i will try one of those

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, »
The dual rail supply may be fighting with itself and overheating which will cause the PS to shut down.  This is why we suggest only using a single rail supply.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving