Author Topic: Silly little problem  (Read 1594 times)

Offline lrhorer

Silly little problem
« on: August 02, 2015, »
OK, I know this means I am really parsimonious, but nonetheless, please, no flames.

I have one more Lynx Express unit than I have wireless receivers, which isn't an issue, because I don't need a wireless in every enclosure.  What I do need, however, is the ability to put a wireless card in any given enclosure when it is needed.  This presents a problem, because the board connectors come with the receiver, not the Lynx board, which means I have one enclosure I cannot outfit with wireless at need.  The obvious solution is to go to Mouser and buy a couple for $0.73 each.  The thing is, they charge a minimum of $4.99for shipping, when these can be dropped in an envelope and sent with a $0.49 stamp.  I know, I know.  I'm cheap.  So sue me.  If need be, I'll go ahead and bite the bullet for the extra $4.50, but it would be nice if someone out there has a couple of extra 929974-01-04-RK headers, I would be happy to send $2 via PayPal for you to drop them in an envelope and send them my way.

Yeah, I know $4.50 is not a lot of money, but it just grinds my nards to pay almost 10X as much for shipping as necessary, or more than 3x the overall cost.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Re: Silly little problem
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, »
if you have to make a order from Mouser add some extra parts so the shipping will be worth it. It never hurst to have some extra Triacs and Resistors on hand.
Jeff

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, »
I have extras I can part with - PM sent.  But I would look at this as an opportunity to order spare parts.  Most of the parts are pretty cheap.  I keep spare PICs, fuses, regulators, capacitors, resistors, optos, etc.  Even a couple of LEDs.  Especially look at PICs, I never want to have my show go down for a few days just because I need a part.  Consider this as just an insurance expense.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The thing is, they charge a minimum of $4.99for shipping, when these can be dropped in an envelope and sent with a $0.49 stamp
Yeah, I know $4.50 is not a lot of money, but it just grinds my nards to pay almost 10X as much for shipping as necessary, or more than 3x the overall cost.

Hey, be happy you don't live in Canada where shipping is $20!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login