Author Topic: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Meet-up  (Read 646 times)

Offline clydel

Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Meet-up
« on: September 16, 2015, »
I've posted this in a bunch of Facebook a groups.  I don't hover in the forums much during the off-season, but I'd like to send an invitation out to everyone who is interested in getting together for a meet-up.

Pittsburgh PA Light-up group

Saturday, September 26

Kings Family Restaurant in Harmar PA.
Address is:
5 Alpha Dr E
Pittsburgh, PA 15238

It is located just off the exit ramp from the PA Turnpike (AKA I76)

Everyone near and far is welcome to attend. At this time there are roughly 15 people slated, the room can handle many more. I expect to meet for breakfast, say around 8:30am...This is meant as a meet-up and not a MINI.  There is no intended material that will be covered.  Plenty of experience will be here from static displays, LOR LED/incan stups, to full RGB display operators.  We are free to have the room until we are kicked out.  The restaurant closes at 11PM.   So, bring some props, your laptop, and all your talent.

The cost of entry is... Purchase a breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a drink, and tip the server well.  We can't get the cost any lower!

We do have a HiDef 65" flat screen in the room for large group instruction if needed. There is also FREE WiFi. I recommend the Super 8 motel which is across from the Restaurant.  There is also a Day's Inn motel right next door. From Harmar, Pa, there are 2 major shopping locations within less than 10 miles... Fox Chapel, and Pittsburgh Mills (with the mall).

I will be bringing some props, an E682/E6804, Falcon F16v2, pixels and dumb RGBs, and a few other goodies for all to see.

If you have any questions, you know what to do! Any ideas on how we can make this a better event, please share!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Meet-up
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, »
finally! Something in my back yard!     ;D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

Re: Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Meet-up
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, »
Yea, but are you gonna go.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving