Author Topic: SMART STRINGS  (Read 717 times)

Offline enjoylife22

SMART STRINGS
« on: October 06, 2015, »
Anyone ever done some kind of co-op for buying the smart strings?  The price for the strings are resonible but the shipping is ridiculous.  I would be willing to get some smart strings with other people and share the shipping.  I am not sure if this would be any cheaper once the got here and we split them up to go to the seperate locations.  With the boxes from the USPS I would imagine it would have to be better than 22 dollars in shipping.

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: SMART STRINGS
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, »
I Cannot see  any cost savings doing a coop. If you are ordering small qtys you will pay a high price on shipping. I just received an order fo 20 strings of 2811  icicle lights 60 ct and shipping was 50.00. That adds 2.50 to each string.  The box was 12"w×18"h × 20"L packed tight with lights only. That would be more than 2 large flat rate boxes at $17.50 each.  There are some vendors here in the US that sell several popular rgb lights check them out.

Joe

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: SMART STRINGS
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, »
Every attempt I have seen to try to coop lights fails due to the high cost of shipping things that weigh so much and the vendors don't give much if any volume discount on lights.  This has been brought up for years.  You just have to suck it up and pay what it is.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA