Author Topic: Wireless frequencies  (Read 2169 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Wireless frequencies
« on: June 15, 2009, »
Since no manuals are available yet.  This may be answered somewhere in a post, but I don't have time right now to search.

What frequency(s) does the wireless use?
If changeable, how does it get changed?
I assume that every wireless device would also have to be changed if a frequency change was needed.  If this is to be done via something in the pic, this would mean that I would need to a get a programmer for sure.  But then all the pic programming comes down as one unchangeable file so I am wondering how all of this will work.

The learning never stops, but when it does I will probably not be of this world anymore.  I'm still having fun.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Wireless frequencies
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, »
Well the only time you need to change Freqencies is when you change universes. In other words the units are paired by what I listed as universes. Universe #1,#2 & #3. This is set on the pcbs with two jumpers.
All off is Uni #1.
Uni #2 jumper on is uni #2
Uni #3 jumper on is uni #3.
So no programming needed to change just change them and power it back up.

To use a transmitter with receivers you set all  of them to the same universe and you have your 512 channels of that universe on those. Now if you want another 512 you setup another Transmitter on a different universe and set all the receivers for it to the same one. The get those 512 channels.

You have little to be concerned as they are not in the wireless, cordless phones,  baby monitor freqencies.  So your home network or others will not be an issue.  just keep the transmitters at least 6 ft from your wireless equipment and you will not know they are there.

Think that answered your questions.
RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, »
Thanks RJ.  I think that answers my questions.  I got to wondering what would happen if two people in close proximity were both using Lynx wireless and how would they separate themselves or what if there was some kind of wireless interference with a show that really required one to move to a different frequency to eliminate the problem.  All "what ifs" and not know problems for me as of today.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, »
The only time I can see this as a "problem" is if there are 4 or more neighbors (within close proximity) that chew up a universe each.   that would be a LOT of lights.... 

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, »
So, what about wireless mikes. I plan to have a wireless mike for my rock band light show. Is it possible that something like this could work on the same frequency as the wireless and interfere with the lights? If there was interference, do you just switch to another universe?

Thanks

BRad

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, »
I do not know what you wireless mike works on. but very unlikely it is an issue.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying