Author Topic: Zeus16 v2 Pixelnet Universe and Terminate Jumpers  (Read 1661 times)

Offline PyBir8d

I'm using the Zeus16 (v2) controller for the first time this year. I have read many of the posts on this forum and several others regarding usage and specs. That being said, I have a few questions:

1. What are the terminate jumpers used for? (If I had to guess, they are use to designate which chip you want to configure -- to specify channels -- using 4 bit addressing.)

2. I understand that the Zeus16 v1 can output 1 pixelnet universe among the 16 possible outputs. Does the Zeus16 v2 output 2 (or more) pixelnet universes among the 16 outputs?

If the answer to question 2 is "yes," then the maximum number of channels that can be used on one Zeus16 v2 controller is: (16 outputs per board) x (128 nodes per output) x (3 channels per node) = 6,144 channels --> 1.5 Pixelnet Universes. My logic correct?

Thank you in advance!!
--Will

Offline tbone321

Re: Zeus16 v2 Pixelnet Universe and Terminate Jumpers
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm using the Zeus16 (v2) controller for the first time this year. I have read many of the posts on this forum and several others regarding usage and specs. That being said, I have a few questions:

1. What are the terminate jumpers used for? (If I had to guess, they are use to designate which chip you want to configure -- to specify channels -- using 4 bit addressing.)

No, the chip is positional on the board.  The terminate jumpers are used to designate the last board in the chain.  There are 4 of them because there are 4 pixelnet universes being sent on the 4 pairs if you are using an EDT to send the signal.

2. I understand that the Zeus16 v1 can output 1 pixelnet universe among the 16 possible outputs. Does the Zeus16 v2 output 2 (or more) pixelnet universes among the 16 outputs?

With the version 1, the entire board is set on the same universe.  With the version 2, each port can be set to one of the 4 universes.  This was done to allow the Zeus to span across 2 universes but no single port can span more than 1 universe.

If the answer to question 2 is "yes," then the maximum number of channels that can be used on one Zeus16 v2 controller is: (16 outputs per board) x (128 nodes per output) x (3 channels per node) = 6,144 channels --> 1.5 Pixelnet Universes. My logic correct?

This is correct but you will run a little short on that channel count.  Since a single port cannot span more than 1 universe, you will lose about 116 channels due to the transition from 1 universe to the next.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline PyBir8d

Re: Zeus16 v2 Pixelnet Universe and Terminate Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, »
Thanks. That clears some of my confusion.

--Will