Author Topic: trouble shooting  (Read 2915 times)

Offline therealbigjim

trouble shooting
« on: November 05, 2015, »
bought a few used assembled ssr4 s for a sign project. had 1 working. the others are missing parts I am waiting on from mouser. I built panther DMX player and have it working it runs the lynx 16 just fine. I hooked it up to the ssr 4 and nothing. I have it set up as the stand alone ssr 4 and it was working working with a usb dongle and xlights. I have power to the board and the fuse is good.  any tips on what to check next?
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: trouble shooting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, »
What exactly do you mean by "had it working"? 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, »
I sent it a DMX signal, usb dongle from xlights,  and it lit the string of lights I had attached to the output.  The next day it doesn't respond.  I have re-flashed the pic chip and touched up the solder points. I have power applied and a DMX input but not flashing the light string.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, »
If you re-flashed the PIC on the SSR4, then you will need to reassign it a starting address.  Make sure that all of the jumpers are still in the correct position for DMX use.  If it is the only controller in the line, make sure that the terminate jumper is on.  Retest the dongle with the LE and make sure that it is still working and nothing has changed to stop it from functioning. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, »
yes the jumpers set up for DMX use and I was using channel 1,2,3,4. As I was looking at it more last night, I found one of the four channels working. Apparently the tracs had been removed and replaced and the solder pads were damaged. Handling the board I bent or moved the trac and it lost contact. after making a few jumpers I got the board working and it is operating properly now. Thank you for the assistance.