Author Topic: Current BOM -- three parts EOL, no longer stocked  (Read 10705 times)

Offline Iced

Re: Current BOM -- three parts EOL, no longer stocked
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, »
Good Morning, sounds like a lot of discussion of replacements and testing going on for an updated SSR4 w/ DMX BOM list.  +1 vote from me as I'm also interested in having this information reconciled into an updated BOM.

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, »
there are even more parts that are eol is there going to be an update of the bom for parts replacement or is the ssr4 and obsolete and no longer supported item? I have several that I want to upgrade to  dmx .

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, »
Once again, aside from the RS485 driver, what is obsolete are commodity products ... the fuse clips, a resistor and three IC sockets ... just delete them from the Mouser BOM and buy them at Radio Shack if you're concerned ... I'm confident my links work otherwise.

Rainlover says this is the preferred replacement for the RS485 because it works in cold temps:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

\dmc

Offline arw01

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, »
SO does someone have a good BOM they built when they ordered to get this all in one whack and not be flipping back and forth to the thread picking that or this one?

Was just looking today as I need some caps to fix an insteon plm that died and thought I might as well get all of it while I am paying some shipping.

It looks like as of today still swapping parts for the RS485, some sockets, some resistors, and a warning on another socket entering EOL.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, »
Do you need the BOM with the power supply or without?  I just built some DMX splitters and I had to find replacements that had the same spec.  From the looks of it you will be able to do it but will have to pick and choose parts.  I had to mod the newer power transformer to fit the board.   This was the biggest thought process but everything worked fine.

Offline arw01

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, »
I will run mine with the 120v power supply, I didn't see that the transformer was coming up not available, just some other pieces here and there that maybe I have it all figured out.

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, »
The transformer for this one is different and still available.

Offline aERonAUtical96

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, »
Anyway to modify the V2 boards to work with the new transformer?

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, »
Here is the link to the pics of how I modified the splitter PCB but it's holes are different.  I don't have a PCB to study so I'm not sure if it would work.  I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path so you will have to study the pins/specs on the transformer and the PCB and see if it will work.

Offline arw01

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The transformer for this one is different and still available.

So you are saying if I ordered off the BOM I have the wrong transformers coming now and have wasted my money on them?