Author Topic: It has been a few years.  (Read 764 times)

Offline shaunkad

It has been a few years.
« on: November 22, 2015, »
Hello to you all,

It has been a few years. I have not done much of a display that past few years. Some times due to the weather and others due tothe battle the lights create  with the wife. I do not have a space to test lights. So you can imagine the mess thousands of lights create in my living room and dining  room.

This year I almost fell over she asked me to go all out with the lights. So I am hoping  to get back into the hobby. With that what's new?

Happy Blinky,

Shaun

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: It has been a few years.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, »
RGB is what is new everywhere.  And xlights/nutcracker v4 and Vixen 3 on the software side.  Lots of hardware changes in the last 2 years, but nothing new from DLA.  You are a little late to use anything new this year, but I've always said you can do a good show on any house with just 32 AC channels.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, »
I know I am late for new hardware.RGB was coming out when I took a break. The conductor zues and the smart string controllers were all released for my last big display. On the software side vixen 3 was still very buggy.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, »
This Vixen 3 is a complete rewrite from what was available a few years ago.

You can see the latest controllers available for rgb here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If short on time, here is a link to free sequences: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

xlights 4 was released this year (March, 2015). We have had 75 rekeases since then. It is under active development.
LSP 2.8 is still the current version/ They had hoped to come out with their version 3.0, but it got delayed until enxt year.
Vixen3 has an active development team.
LOR came out with their 4.0 release in April, 2015
HLS has had no major releases but is very stable and robust.

welcome back!
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login