Author Topic: Flickering and random channels on LE while playing sequence.  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Thought I would share this in case it helps others.  I recently converted over to a bunch of LED's and thought I would share power cables with a bunch of other items beings I don't really need all that power now.

After doing all the regular troubleshooting I ran a power cord direct to an outlet and the issue went away.  Amperage on the line when it was having issues was not high either.  I have had two cases of this already and both appear to be fixed by running direct power to the outlet.

Even though I can't explain it. Hopefully it will help others as one more thing to check.

Offline caretaker

One of the things we sometime run into in my field (I'm a master electrician) is noise on the electrical lines. This can really effect CNC and other computerized machinery in a shop environment. Most of time the cure for this is making sure there is good grounding for the machines. While our controllers are not using large amounts of current with LED we can stick pick up "noise" from other controllers which can have random effects.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thought I would share this in case it helps others.  I recently converted over to a bunch of LED's and thought I would share power cables with a bunch of other items beings I don't really need all that power now.

After doing all the regular troubleshooting I ran a power cord direct to an outlet and the issue went away.  Amperage on the line when it was having issues was not high either.  I have had two cases of this already and both appear to be fixed by running direct power to the outlet.

Even though I can't explain it. Hopefully it will help others as one more thing to check.
Jeff Squires

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
I'm also starting to wonder about my GFCI outlets.  From what I read they don't like swings in  amperage.  Which is what they are doing all the time while the show is running.

I was hoping after I converted over to mostly LED's these kinds of issues would have went away. :)

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
I think you hit it. 

As I was moving cords I was noticing that I could make some better but the problem would sometimes move to other controllers. After a bunch of forum searching last night I found that using EFI/RMI surge protectors was a possible option.  I unloaded all that I had from the house and low and behold I cleared it up.  At least everything that I can tell is a flicker and not program artifacts.

Every year its something new.  I can't believe that I never came across this before.  Now I'm on the hunt for single outlet surge protectors that work and won't break the bank.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
I've also has this and it was related to how I terminated my LE (or didn't terminate properly) ... and also can be related to cables ... esp. with bunnies chewing them up and then the signal is poor and you often don't realize it.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]