Author Topic: Pixelnet vs. Universe on Active Hub  (Read 1049 times)

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Pixelnet vs. Universe on Active Hub
« on: November 23, 2015, »
So, I should know this answer, but many sleepless nights has left my brain fried....

On the Active HUB, you have the "universe" jumper located next to the "pixelnet" jumper.  Could I do the following:

Set the Pixelnet Universe to 3 to utilize channels 8193-12288 with the cat5 outputs coupled with SSCs for my pixels, but also set the "universe" jumper to 1 and the DMX jumper to 1 and use the same hub to drive channel 1 using the DMX output to an Express hooked to regular lights?

Or...does every DMX channel outputted from that HUB have to be from the same Pixelnet Universe that the HUB is set too?  AKA...the "pixelnet" and "universe" jumpers would always be set to the same number?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my question...I could trouble shoot, but I've already started deploying elements and don't want to have to unhook stuff.

Thanks in advance....Duane

Offline tbone321

Re: Pixelnet vs. Universe on Active Hub
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, »
OK, Pixelnet Universe is the name of the jumper pair and indicates which "Pixelnet Universe" the hub is set to work with.  There are two jumpers because each universe is sent on a pair of wires and the two jumpers are one for each wire in the pair.  Due to this, the DMX universe is tied to the pair that the hub is set to work with.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Re: Pixelnet vs. Universe on Active Hub
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, »
Thanks for the explanation tbone...that makes sense....I knew my initial option was too good to be true...now I get to figure out how to re-route some stuff!  But thanks for the info!

Duane