Author Topic: LOR to LE's / LOR to XLights  (Read 3206 times)

lightsonlinden

LOR to LE's / LOR to XLights
« on: December 13, 2015, »
I am not running any shows this year but want to move over to Xlights.

When I ran a show I had LOR controllers but have sold those and now have LE's.

Wondering how I set up Xlights to run the LE's and then import my LOR sequences.

I believe the first thing I need to do in Xlights is to set up the Lighting Networks.   I am not sure if I set LE's as USB or E1.31.

For now I just want to be able to run Xlights running LE's with my imported LOR Sequences if that makes sense..... I eventually want to do RGB with F16 controllers with a mix of LEs.

Offline UncleBuck

Re: LOR to LE's / LOR to XLights
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, »
You can run the LE's with the LOR software. That's what I'm doing and it works great. That's if you want, nothing against XLights I just always used the LOR software.

Offline tbone321

Re: LOR to LE's / LOR to XLights
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, »
The LE is a DMX device and does work directly on E1.31 or USB.  As far as Xlights is concerned, it is just a 16 channel controller.  What you would need is a DMX dongle or any device capable of generating DMX output.  The F16v2 is a E1.31 device and is also capable of creating the DMX output your LE's will need so I would look into getting one of those sooner rather than later.  I would also look into getting a Raspberry PI to run your show.  It makes fife so much easier to free up your PC for other things such as further sequencing even while the show is running.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving