Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

Yet another HELP me with Etherdongle thread.

(1/5) > >>

KevinHolme:
Hi all. I am beyond my ability to figure out my problem. I have used an etherdongle for a couple of years. This year I cant get anything to blink.
I have an etherdongle connected through a switch as part of my home network. Output from the dongle goes to a smarthub and then ssc.  I control my show with Light o Rama.

As I say, this all worked last year, network has not changed, router has not changed. The computer has changed, including now running windows 10.

I have checked voltage everywhere and reflashed both the dongle and the hub.
I even changed the Magjack after seeing it come up in a few posts.

The yellow light on the magjack blinks slowly when not playing a show, and is steady on when I do. The green light is on.

I downloaded wireshark but cant make heads or tails of it, opens to a capture using a filter page, and I don't know what filter to use. or if that is the page I want.

I downloaded ArtNetominator and get no response on the port that LOR is sending to or listening on.

When I select Multicast in LOR it assigns 239.255.0.1 through 6 for the 6 E1.31 universes I am using on port 5568 and is listening on 8837

My home network is on 192.168.1.ect so I don't understand how it can communicate with the 239 address, but perhaps that is what multicast is for.

Anyway, HELP. my neighbors are getting restless, I don't have a show up because I have been trying to make this work for two weeks.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

KevinHolme:
Thought I might add,
tried a laptop, also running windows 10. Direct cable, crossover cable, dedicated network, private switch,  all the same results.

taybrynn:
are you using the correct 6v 1000mah power supply for the Etherdongle?  I discovered I was using the wrong one and it was causing the ED to act crazy and nodes would twinkle when everything was supposed to be "off". 

also, any virus software, firewall software, backup software running that coudl be competing with it?

KevinHolme:
Yes tried multiple power supplies.

My next focus is definately a windows 7 PC. See if that helps.  Win 10 runs well, but they have renamed so many things, I am not sure if I have disabled EVERYTHING I need to.

taybrynn:
You said your network is dedicated ... does that mean you have have one NIC card for internet/home ... and one NIC for the show only?

On my machine, I have a "ROUTE" command that you do once, that directs all the E1.31 traffic to the "show NIC" ... and the rest uses the regular NIC (network interface card).

If you moved machines and previous had this route command in place, you would need to issue it again on the new machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version