Author Topic: well...  (Read 2209 times)

Offline therealbigjim

well...
« on: December 07, 2015, »
nothing is working, I have half my display out and was thinking seriously about just putting it all away. My last battle was with my DSC mini trees. I needed to change the channels numbers.  I re-programmed the DSC  and when I test in X lights I get a strobe effect as it works through the R G B. If I put "all " channels on it cycles nicely.  Going to put them back out in the yard and hope they work when I fire things up.    I was hoping to make the switch from Light O Rama to X lights this year but fell way behind and I don't think I have enough done to use my falcon 32 string mega tree......My wife and her week away for Thanksgiving really messed me up this year.....
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therealbigjim

Re: well...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, »
I made some headway today and got the pixel tree up. The DSC 's responded when I cut down the number of of universes I was testing, way more then I was gonna be using anyway. Here is a short video of the tree in test mode.  And as long as I burned them in I still had dead pixels once the tree was up. The ONE right in front really bugs me and its it high enough up its gonna be a pain in the behind to fix.

also the tree top star in test mode

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, by therealbigjim »

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, »
Looks great. Dont give up. Keep on keeping on.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, »
I tell you I spent a lot of time with my show not working also, so I totally understand the extreme frustration.  I'm going now, but I'll say many times I wanted to pack it up also ... glad I didn't.  Stay strong, take your time, do what you can ... best wishes!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, »
LOL, at least I now Know that I'm not the only one that feels this way, especially in the beginning when nothing works or everything needs some form of repair.  I am in the process of converting a storage area I built a few years ago into a holiday room where I can keep my Halloween and Christmas props and decorations without having to disassemble everything.  I am also in the process of eliminating most of my mini lights and replacing them with LED strings and RGB nodes.  I also intend to build PVC window frame that will be fitted with smart strings and will simply snap into place.  I am hoping that all of this will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to set up my Christmas display and if not, then the display will either come to an end or be significantly reduced in size.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline scharbon

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, »
Amen.  I have been dark for over a week wrestling with issues.  First it was CAT 5, then it was power cables, then it was the HOA lawn service cutting my show, then it was controllers all in the wrong place.  None of these things has happened in 7 years.  This year - it all happens.  Keep pushing.  In the end it is worth it.

Good luck.  And remember, it is supposed to be fun.  That helps sometimes.

Steve

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, »
Nice tree Jim, i had to look twice thinking you had floods. Boy that thing is bright. I feel your pain with things not working right ect. I had planned on starting the display last week, but issues just keep popping up.. I am at the point now that i will get it going when I can and just try and enjoy it for what it is a hobby.

Joe

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, »
Had a major break through and everything is up and running. Made it for our big Christmas Party. Dave Pitts was a Big Help also the guys over a Xlights  gave several pushes. The tree is over the top I can't believe I was able to do it. Video to follow. 

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, »
Video as promised. thank you to Dave Pitts and NC guys   

Offline drlucas

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, »