Author Topic: I Know, I know, not another "my etherdongle won't program" thread  (Read 2900 times)

Offline rrawlings

I have my completed etherdongle that I finally built from the 1st co-op. I sourced the correct 49.9ohm resistors and assembled. I am coming up with an error upon trying to program. I am getting the message "Ensure proper capacitance on VDDCORE/VCAP pin. This is pin 85 on the PIC chip. I have checked the capacitors and have the correct 0.1 uf and 10.0 uf capacitors from ground to pin 85. Am I missing some big thing here or is there a chance that I have a damaged PIC chip?  any help would be appreciated.

Offline tbone321

You may want to post a close up picture of the board. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrawlings

I can assure those who are willing to help that it is assembled correctly, having managed an electronic manufacturing company for nearly 20 years. I am hoping someone else has encountered this same error.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Not sure I'm going to be of much help but what are you using to program it with?

Offline KevinHolme

I remember getting that error message, I dont remember with what programmer, but I do not think it is hardware.

Try my last post in the post right before you.   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope it helps.