Author Topic: Enttec USB DMX Pro Compatibility  (Read 4710 times)

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
Enttec USB DMX Pro Compatibility
« on: June 19, 2009, »
I was attempting to use a program called miniStageConsole for Windows (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) which supposedly works with then Enttec USB DMX Pro.  My understanding was that the Lynx Dongle was basically a better version of the USB Pro, however I haven't been able to get it to work with this software.  I want to play around with the levels of my new JEC Pixels outside of vixen and wanted to have some sort of slider interface to do so.

Theoretically should the dongle work with this software if it works with the Enttec USB Pro?  If not does anyone have any recommendations for some free software with a slider type interface (similar to vixen test channel functionality, but with multiple channels) that will work with my Lynx Dongle?
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Re: Enttec USB DMX Pro Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, »
Just wanted to point out that the Lynx dongle is a pass-through one-way device ...  from the computer out to the controller ..     be sure to check to see if the software you were trying to use was one way......   or did it require communication with the dmx end item?    If the latter..   see if there is a way to convince it not to listen for response from the hardware.   

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, »
If the software expects the Enttec pro USB id them no it will not work as I can not legally use their ID's.

The Lynx uses the Virtual comm port driver mode. Not the D2xx driver to work. So there is no way for me to tell you what software will work with it and what won't with out just trial and error. It was never my intention to make a Enttec replace for other software just vixen. Although we keep getting more software adding it to their stuff. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, »
I think you guys hit it right on the head, the software was trying to get a response back from the dongle.  The search goes on.  Perhaps I'll have to look into coming up with something on my own.  Thanks for your help!
-Chris

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, »
Or,.... you can just get an Enttec USB Pro.   ;)

Update - Just got back from ebay to post a link,.... Wow! are those things expensive!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, »
Well I came up with my solution to the problem.  I made a vixen AddIn that will let me control the intensities of up to 8 channels separately.

See my post at DIYC for more information
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-Chris

Offline RPM

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, »
Well I came up with my solution to the problem.  I made a vixen AddIn that will let me control the intensities of up to 8 channels separately.

See my post at DIYC for more information

Funny how necessity is always the mother of invention ;)

Robert