Author Topic: Can't create .xseq  (Read 2197 times)

Offline pokey

Can't create .xseq
« on: December 15, 2015, »

I must be stuck on stupid. I'm using the newest version (4.2.25) and I can't seem to be able to create an .xseq file...I seem to only be able to create .xml, .fseq and .iseq . 

I want to convert over the Vixen 2 but can't seem to figure it out.

I've also tried to create Vixen routines and import that way, but I can't find a download anywhere for the Vixen Routine imported anymore...the links seem to be gone at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Help!!!

Offline CaptainMurdoch

Re: Can't create .xseq
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, »
XLights v4 now uses the .fseq file format as it's native format.  You don't want xseq anymore for newer xLights versions.

Offline pokey

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, »

That's all well and good, but when I go to the Covert tab, the Select Sequences to convert dialogue is looking for files with the .xseq extension, not .fseq so what am I supposed to do?

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, »
I believe the .xseq convertor choice is for converting your XL 3.x sequence to .fseq ... but I think it doesn't give you an editable XL 4.x   .xml file .. just the converted .fseq

I've been a little confused in XL v4.x and found that some of the sequences I had improted from LOR and then added nutcracker effects to ... I can't really sequence with in V4.x because the hidden imported LOR layer seems to be lost.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

dandyman

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, »
If you bring in LOR files w/the 'Data Layer' impot, you can then 'render all' and the LOR import will show up 😊