Author Topic: Partial success  (Read 3252 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Partial success
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, »
Congrats to you both!
And the good news for DLA is there are many right behind you!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Steve,

That makes two of us tonight.. Mine is working as well.. Congrats.. ;D

Randy

Randy,

Congrats to you as well. Good feeling, ain't it?

steve

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, »
RJ,

Just wanted to say again how glad I am I chose the Lynx Express line.

I started my first board back in December. The dongle was about then also. I've had to piece together a computer to run all this, so it's taken a long time to get to this point. I don't get a lot of time to play with these things, but the truth of the matter is that it doesn't really take that long to populate the boards.

There's a lot of work beyond building the boards. And there's the "wonder if it's going to work" factor that comes after that.  I've still got a transmitter to build, and displays to construct, then there's the time-consuming job of making my Vixen sequences. The question of where to get all the power to run all of this is another concern, so my sequences this year won't have a lot of channels on at the same time, and they might look a little boring compared to some of the fabulous displays I've viewed of others. But it's been a lot of fun so far and I feel like I might be getting to be one of the gang.

Everyone has been great in tolerating my silly, obvious questions up to this point. Time to say thanks to all. I just hope all of the other noobies have the cool experiences I've had so far with little frustration to make their journey difficult. I know that once my stuff is up and running nightly, I'll have a really great sense of accomplishment, but Christmas is about sharing, so I really won't be happy until I see others enjoying my efforts.

Feeling a little long-winded this morning - sorry for all the breeze. I just wanted to let others know that it is possible to make this happen. And due to the efforts of RJ, all of his Beta guys, and all the people who so graciously help out, it's kind of easy.

Thanks all,

steve

steve