Author Topic: Halogen flood light color replacement glass  (Read 690 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Halogen flood light color replacement glass
« on: December 22, 2015, »
Has anyone tried to replace the clear glass on a 250W Halogen work light with colored glass and use for color washing? I know the Aether is available with multiple colors but if I just want to color wash with one color can I just replace the high temperature glass on my work light with similar high temperature colored glass?

Offline zwiller

Re: Halogen flood light color replacement glass
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, »
Much easier would be to tape a colored gel for stage lights over it. I am mobile but will try to send a link later. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, »
Here you go: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  and Yes these will handle the heat.  I use them in incandescent 1,000 watt par cans...  That said, not sure how the halogen's will hold up to weather.  I leave that for you.  Lastly, there is simply no comparison: The Aether II's are incredible and will wipe the floor with par cans and gels for color saturation and the flexibility of rgb control.  Someone mentioned that this particular video is a good idea what you can do with them.  I am running 5.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, »
Just ordered a sheet. I'll let you know how it works out.  <res.

Thanks