Author Topic: Does anyone else put out Luminaries?  (Read 693 times)

Offline meman

Does anyone else put out Luminaries?
« on: December 25, 2015, »
I lined my corner and the neighbors house and it really kicks up the show to a new level. A traditional contrast to all the modern LED colors. I got white bags from Sams Club, cheap 40# kitty litter from Tractor Supply, and 6 hr tea light candles off the Internet. They lasted from 6pm until well past midnight. Cleanup was a breeze; just dumped the kitty litter on the lawn, bags and empty tin cups in the garbage.

Mike E.

Offline zwiller

Re: Does anyone else put out Luminaries?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, »
I do. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login They are an rgb element inspired from my neighborhood.  They put sand and tealights in 1G milk jugs and line the sidewalk spanning run a few blocks.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, »
I've been thinking about it.  I'm also going to get some theatrical gels and put them in my 12V path lights next year for Halloween, 4th of July, and Christmas.  In addition, some folks in the neighborhood hang a bunch of Japanese lanterns for Christmas.  They are exquisite.  I'm going to do some of those, as well.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, »
I am actually in the process of refitting my path lights with RGB smart nodes.  Then I can program them for the colors that I want for the different seasons and holidays and have them as white during the late evening and the rest of the time.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline lrhorer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, »
Well, there's an idea.  That would work nicely for luminares, too.