Hardware > Lynx Smart String

Zeus kept losing its mind...

(1/4) > >>

pokey:

Folks,

I've wrapped up the show for the season.  I added a Zeus 16 version 1 to my display for a megatree.  It ran wonderfully for a few nights, then a single strand failed, then another, then another.  After troubleshooting for a while, I decided to reflash the PICs and all was well.  Then, after running a few more days, the same thing happened.  Another reflash of the 16 PICs and it was fine again.  Then - failure just like before.

Any idea what could be going on????

tbone321:
It sounds like you are not giving it enough power.  What size power supply do you have on it and how many nodes do you have connected to it?

taybrynn:
And I think making sure every single chip is flashed might make a difference also.  So if your not using a channel, its my belief it should be flashed with the default firmware ... and that means no prior programming either.  Once I did that. I seemed to have reliable zeus operation. 

pokey:
It's a 600 Watt single rail power supply - I ran the main connector and then ran three of the funky connectors off a single feed.  I'm running 704 pixels (44 on each string) so it should be more than enough juice.  I've got a couple backup PS (500 Watt and 450 Watt) which I could try and see if it's the problem.

When I reflashed, I always reflashed all 16 PICs, then used the SS Utility to re-program.

taybrynn:
Are there upstream units from this zeus?  meaning fed by an pixelnet out from other controller(s) and/or hub(s) ... I did discover that if you terminate incorrectly anywhere upstream, then the downstream zeus using that PN Univ may not act as expected, because the signal gets terminated, but still may partially working giving the appearance that something else is going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version