Author Topic: Fuses in SMart String Hub  (Read 820 times)

Offline lrhorer

Fuses in SMart String Hub
« on: January 08, 2016, »
I very recently acquired a Smart String hub with 11 blown fuses.  The fuses are soldered in on these hubs, so replacing them would be a pain in the best of situations, but the bulk of them are stuck 'way down in between the RJ-45 connectors.  Those are going to be a real bear to replace.  What I am going to do is install some 2mm banana connectors so if any more fuses blow I can just pull them, solder male plugs on the new fuses, and plug in the new fuses.  It will work, but it will be bulky and a bit clumsy.  Could we maybe come up with a socket configuration that would allow the fuses to be plugged in, rather than soldered?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Fuses in SMart String Hub
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, »
A lot of folks just leave the blown fuse in place and on the bottom of the board solder another fuse.  If that one blows it is very easy to unsolder and put another one in place.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Fuses in SMart String Hub
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A lot of folks just leave the blown fuse in place and on the bottom of the board solder another fuse.  If that one blows it is very easy to unsolder and put another one in place.
+1
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro