Author Topic: Aether II and Single Color String LED  (Read 3208 times)

Offline LasVegasF250

Aether II and Single Color String LED
« on: January 22, 2016, »
Couple of questions.

How do you configure a Aether II with Xlights?

I'm using RGB this year and still have a lot of single color LED sting that I will still be using. I have create them as a single line element but in the preview I see them going off even when they're not part of the sequence.

Bush 1 is the Element in the model list to which I'm refering. As you can see it is not in the seq.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, by LasVegasF250 »

Offline tbone321

Re: Aether II and Single Color String LED
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, »
You need to take look at your controllers connected to those strings and make sure that they are set to the correct channels.  What are you using to control those strings?  As for the Aether's, they are 4 channel devices.  They have 4 color LED's with Red, Green, Blue, and White.  You could define them as two items, a RGB node and a single white string.  The trick is that if the Aether II gets any value on the white channel other than zero, it will shut the other 3 channels down.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline LasVegasF250

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, »
Currently I have nothing connected, the problem I'm seeing is just in the preview of Xlights. I will be using LE's to control the strings and a ETD for the show. I have Xlights setup with a Pixelnet as the network.

Assuming that the first 512 channels will be used for DMX which the LE will be using. Also I thought the Aether II would have to be DMX.

Here is the setup of the Hardware.

ETD to 16 Port Active Hub to another 16 Port Active Hub,  7 LE off the DMX port of Active Hub and a Zeus (Mega Tree) off the Active Hub.

I'm wondering is this just a bug in the preview or do have something setup wrong causing the issue.

This is the first time using Xlights and I really a novice at it.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, »
I would take a close look at the preview screen and make sure that it is set up correctly.  Xlights has come a long way and has an active site of its own where most of the experienced users and developers spend most of their time.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, »
you need to go into model set up and verify that all of your models are set up correctly, like T-bone stated. if you are seeing the issue in the preview screen, it is a set up issue. sounds like you have start channels duplicated or over lapping. here is the link to the xlights forum.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline LasVegasF250

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, »
Thanks. I will ask the question over in that forum.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, »
Make sure the "part of my show" checkbox is checked ... in the model definition ... or you won't see it in the layout (preview) in xlights.  But I agree, this is not the bext forum for this.  There are two facebook groups for xlights ... and official and an unofficial ... official seems a little better, imho.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login